White salmon -- with photo.

Started by Smokeville, August 03, 2010, 01:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jatoba

I agree with Kummock..........used to distribute seafood to restaurants etc. and when I was purchasing my Red Springs (Kings, Chinooks,) I had to purchase a certain amount of whites as well.  We used to sell them as "Ivories"

Smokeville

Thanks jatoba.

I'm planning to sell them as Ivory Kings. They are all smoked and vacuum sealed. I brushed some maple syrup on each as they air dried before the smoke and my wife says they taste real good (I'm allergic to salmon).

Rich

Smokeville

Well, we sold out. I wish I could get more!

Sold all the Atlantic salmon and most of the gravlax.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smokeville

There is *real* good money to be made with a quality product.

Here is our booth at the Kerr Village Farmers' Market (that's my dear wife).

And our product signs....

Tenpoint5

You keep selling out like that Smokeville and this is going to quickly turn into work!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokeville

Oh, it's work all right! But a lot of fun.

What I have learned is that you don't smoke the pork on Friday, unless you like being up at midnight vacuum sealing the day before Market Day.

Smoking the fish is easy. And gravlax makes itself, although the effort required to turn it over twice a day is horrendous..... :)

squirtthecat

I feel sorry for the people in the booth next to you!   They'll be chewing on those flowers before the day is over..   :D

Smokeville

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 16, 2010, 06:22:01 AM

I feel sorry for the people in the booth next to you!   They'll be chewing on those flowers before the day is over..   :D

He does pretty well.... at $8 per bunch. At the end of the day he has about 1/3 left over and sells them off 2 for 1. I have to wonder how much money he makes though.

oguard

Last year fishing off the westcoast of Vancouver Island we caught 2 marbled springs. Quite an interesting look but the taste was just as good :).

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

chiroken

Quote from: Quarlow on August 08, 2010, 08:44:34 PM
I'll see what I can do for ya. Cause I got friends in low places. ;D Lower Fraser that is.
Make sure you direct those fish right past my place here in Courtenay...hang on...only the little ones will be going north. Let's change that - Kummok: be sure to send a bunch regularily down from your region and be sure to tell 'em to take the inside passage of Vancouver Island (east side), don't want to have to travel to the West Coast for 'em ;) The pinks seem pretty much done here, most I've seen/hooked in the past 3 days have turned. Bring on the Coho and Springs!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Kummok

Itsa deal....you send up the Feeders and I'll return the spawners!!  ;) ;D

chiroken

I'll take the fresh fish on the way by and leave the spawners for those river folk.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Smokeville

Yee-Haw!

The Ivory Kings are back at $2.99/lb.

Some are kind of gnarled looking, so my wife says to buy them and she will make "Ivory King salmon Pate."

KyNola

Dang you Smokeville!  Grab them all while you can.  What a freakin' steal!