Dessert for competition?

Started by TMB, August 05, 2010, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 07, 2010, 02:08:39 AM
Debbie;

Those desserts look good.

They are small versions of the bourbon cheesecake that I made for the smokeout.  Those were for the FLbentriders --- FL can tell you if it really did taste good.

TMB

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 07, 2010, 02:08:39 AM
Debbie;

Those desserts look good.

TMB;

Maybe you can go with small disposable aluminum bake ware; something like this:
Disposable muffin mold

They have other disposable molds on that site, but you have to buy in bulk. If you have a kitchen supply store nearby, they may carry some small disposable pans. I purchased some very small pie pans from one of these stores.
Great idea HS thanks. I'll look into getting them or something real close.. All you guys have really helpped out!

Thanks!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

OK, I found it.

Right up your ally with pineapple and SRG'in.

May take a couple of trys but the results should be good.

http://www.delish.com/food-fun/weird-fried-food?GT1=47007

TMB

Hey CRG did I miss something? I can't find anything about pineapple on that site.

classicrockgriller

Pineapple On-a-Stick 
Where It's Sold: Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, IA
The Fried Facts: One of the popular stands at the Iowa State Fair adds a crispy crunch to pineapple chunks by coating them in a mixture of funnel cake batter and cake-mix batter before dunking them in a deep fryer. Want an even more sinful treat? The same stand has a variety of fried treats on sticks, including: Snickers® bars, Ho Hos®, Twinkies, and Oreo cookies.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 11, 2010, 10:03:51 PM

Pineapple On-a-Stick 
Where It's Sold: Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, IA
The Fried Facts: One of the popular stands at the Iowa State Fair adds a crispy crunch to pineapple chunks by coating them in a mixture of funnel cake batter and cake-mix batter before dunking them in a deep fryer. Want an even more sinful treat? The same stand has a variety of fried treats on sticks, including: Snickers® bars, Ho Hos®, Twinkies, and Oreo cookies.

Started today and runs through the 22nd if you wanna come up and try one!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

Found it thanks.   I wish I could use batter in TBE or SRG but they wont work like that.

TestRocket

Bring some oil and the old turkey fryer!

TMB

Quote from: TestRocket on August 12, 2010, 11:50:55 AM
Bring some oil and the old turkey fryer!
But I want to do all the cooking in the SRG's!  LOL

The whole point of me joining the comp was to prove how good the Big Easy's and SRG's are.
Besides my sign for the competition says "Oil, I don't need no stink'n oil"!  ;D ;D

TestRocket