• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Original Smoker low temperature

Started by Mark54, August 08, 2010, 07:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark54

I have an Original Smoker but the temp fails to go higher than 150 degrees.  How can I get the heat up??

classicrockgriller

Mark Welcome to the Forum.

Can you see if the element is getting red.

You need to give us more info and maybe we can help.

Was this temp reading taken empty or full of meat?

Is this from the door thermo or under the bottom rack of meat?

Quarlow

You need to figure out what is giving you 150f. If the heating element is warm but not hot then something is wrong there. But if it is cold and the Bisquette burner is hot then your heat is only coming from that, which I suspect is the case because of the temp which is about what the puck burner will give you. Try plugging and unplugging the cords and see if that helps. When the heating element is on it glows a pretty good shade of red. If you are not getting any heat from it then plug the cord from the cabinet straight into the wall socket, if you don't get heat from the element then let us know and we can look at some other things. Also try to move the slider control just slightly back from fully on, some smokers had a slight dead spot right at the end.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TheBoz

Hello, I had the same problem when I used it on an extension cord, I removed the cord and plugged in to the house and ut jumped to 250 in under 10 min.  Let us know what you find...

Phil

beefmann

check the front slide  switch on the  bottom  front of the smoker and be sure that it is almost all the  way to the right,  second, start off cold and  turn on your  main  heater with the  door closed, and see what the  temperature climbs to if it climbs  above 150... to over  200... then you have a bad sensor in the  back of the cook / smoking  box, it is  basically  located  behind th  second rack  down and it will have to be replaced  call  bradley