• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Are Bradley Smokers really all that?

Started by Grillin and Chillin, June 18, 2005, 03:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grillin and Chillin

Although I'm a local legend with the grill, I have little experience with smokers. My wife purchased me a round, electric smoker a couple of years ago. I have had some sucess but with this smoker, you just plug it in, add wood and smoke. I don't like it because I have no control over the amount of heat. Obviously, the ambient temputure can effect the cook time.

I want to take it to the next level and purchase a really GOOD smoker. From what I have researched the Bradley smokers seem to have the features that I think I want. I realize that this is a Bradley forum and not sure how much objectivity I can get, but are these smokers really that great?

Thanks in advance

JJC

Yes

(and welcome to the Forum)

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

Yes

Bought mine last July, and just bought #2.  Had a Brinkman, Cameron, Weber with smoke box.  It is just too easy to use, and hard to ruin anything!

Very pleased.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

I've purchased 3 units over this past year.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

G&C;
Welcome.

Your are right - it's hard to be objective with something that works so well[:)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Grillin and Chillin

I like quite a bit of smokey flavor. If I understand correctly, the bisquettes are fed automaticaly. Can the rate in which these burn be adjusted so that more smoke is infused if desired. Although my current smoker is very primative, I can use more or less wood during the smoking process.

Also, my current smokers has a water pan that is beneath the two cooking racks, in which I will on occasion put fruit juices, etc. Can this be done with a Bradley?

From what I have researched, I like the features of the Bradley as well as any I've seen. The idea of cold smoking intrigues me.

Remington

Look no further. The bradley is almost fool proof. You can pay about $200 more for a unit which will get you about the same results, however it is not as user friendly. You'll never regret a Bradley.

Remington

lvigil

[}:)]I was just as LEARY of the smoker.  But !!!  I took the plunge in Feb and "boy o boy" am I very pleased with the BS.  I have used it over 50 times and and going to use it this weekend!!!!
New Mexico "Land of Enchantment"

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If I understand correctly, the bisquettes are fed automaticaly. Can the rate in which these burn be adjusted <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">No one puck every 20 minutes. However, you can have it create hours and hours of smoke. What you will find is once your meat reaches 140F it stops accepting any more smoke flavor. A general rule of thumb is 4 hours of smoke, and then continue in the Bradley until finished.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also, my current smokers has a water pan that is beneath the two cooking racks, in which I will on occasion put fruit juices, etc. Can this be done with a Bradley?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">The reason your current unit has a water pan is to control the temp via the moisture. Yes you can add a pan with jucies if you like. However, with proper prep I think you will find that it will not be needed.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Grillin and Chillin

thanks every  one for all the great advice