Puck Chart For New Bradley Members

Started by NePaSmoKer, August 09, 2010, 02:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is a Bradley Bisquette (wood pucks) Chart for the new Bradley owners. This is also good for the pellet pooper guys-N-gals  ;D

Hickory    
Pungent, smoky, bacon-like flavor.    
Good with Pork, chicken, beef, wild game, cheeses.

Pecan    
Rich and more subtle than hickory, but similar in taste. Burns cool, so ideal for very low heat smoking.    
Pork, chicken, lamb, fish, cheeses.

Mesquite    
Sweeter, more delicate flavor than hickory. Tends to burn hot, so use carefully.    
Most meats, especially beef. Most vegetables.

Alder    
Delicate flavor that enhances lighter meats.    
Salmon, swordfish, sturgeon, other fish. Also good with chicken and pork.

Oak    
Forthright but pleasant flavor. Blends well with a variety of textures and flavors.    
Beef (particularly brisket), poultry, pork.

Maple    
Mildly smoky, somewhat sweet flavor. Try mixing maple with corncobs for ham or bacon.    
Poultry, vegetables, ham.

Cherry    
Slightly sweet, fruity smoke flavor.    
Poultry, game birds, pork.

Apple    
Slightly sweet but denser, fruity smoke flavor.    
Beef, poultry, game birds, pork particularly

Special Blend
Mildly sweet with a hint of hickory
Good with pork, fowl and sausage.

Extra for the poopers  ;D

Peach or Pear Pellets. Slightly sweet, woodsy flavor.    
Poultry, game birds, pork.

Grape Pellets. Aromatic, similar to fruit woods.    
Turkey, chicken, beef.

Wine Barrel Pellets. Wine and oak flavors. A flavorful novelty that smells wonderful.    
Beef, turkey, chicken, cheeses.

azamuner73

Tenpoint5

Nepas you forgot the sweepings off the floor I mean the Special Blend Flavor
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TestRocket

TMB

Really good info!  Being somewhat of a pellet pooper as you call them, I use pellets in my Big easy and SRG's.

Thought about using the Bradley pucks just to see how they would burn in one of my units, has anyone ever tried this?
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: TMB on August 11, 2010, 06:57:53 PM
Really good info!  Being somewhat of a pellet pooper as you call them, I use pellets in my Big easy and SRG's.

Thought about using the Bradley pucks just to see how they would burn in one of my units, has anyone ever tried this?

I have used pellets and wood chunks in my Bradleys.

TMB

I guess I'll get some pucks and try them, if they don't work I'll give the rest to TestRocket for his Bradley.

I reaaly hope they do I want to use the Jim Beam ones

classicrockgriller

Tommy, STC put some Bradley pucks in his Traeger and I don't think they lasted too long....

But if any should work, it would be the Jim Beam, Those are compressed very tight.

I have 4 boxes and if you want a 12 pack to play with, pm me your addy and I will send it to ya.

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 12, 2010, 06:24:51 PM
Tommy, STC put some Bradley pucks in his Traeger and I don't think they lasted too long....

But if any should work, it would be the Jim Beam, Those are compressed very tight.

I have 4 boxes and if you want a 12 pack to play with, pm me your addy and I will send it to ya.

I put a stack right on my heat shield (above the pellet firebox) - and they smoked like crazy for about 60 minutes, tops.

I (and I'm sure others) would be interested to know how they perform in a BE/SRG.  Go for it!

TestRocket

Tommy, if you just want to burn up some door stops and give um to you!

TMB

TR, your doing enough for the competition, I wouldn't ask anymore of you right now. 

WE need to get together one day and pick out the meat, I'll call you Tuesday or so

classicrockgriller

Tommy, sent these to you on Saturday.

Have fun playing with them.

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 15, 2010, 05:31:20 PM
Tommy, sent these to you on Saturday.

Have fun playing with them.
Great thanks!   Kimmie is having a hard time letting the youngest go off to school, so maybe I'll use them to cook/smoke something real good for her!

Thanks again CRG,  I love this forum!

classicrockgriller

We love having you here Tommy, we just need to get you a BS.

How many times have I said that? ;D

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 15, 2010, 08:36:24 PM
We love having you here Tommy, we just need to get you a BS.

How many times have I said that? ;D

CRG as you can see they made it to the house  :D    I can't thank you enough for sending them!
I'll try them in the next day or so, been very busy getting the youngest one off to college and all.

Kimmie is upset about him going but 10.5 gave me a recipe for apple pie a la mode (drink)  ;) that knocked the edge off real fast!  ;D   

Again thanks so much for doing this, if you need something from north Alabama just let me know,  I love this site!!!     OH, looking at BS now but will be a little while before I can aford one.