• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

HAWAIIAN KAHLUA PIG

Started by Remington, June 18, 2005, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

If you have ever been to Hawaii and went to a luau, you know the Kahlua pig really rocks. I was there in April and went nuts on it. It's actually roast pig. Most recipes you will find use pork butt and liquid smoke then it's wrapped tight in foil and baked. The original is wrapped in banana leafs.

I found this recipe is perfect for the Bradley. While in Hawaii a local gave me her recipe and it really hits the mark with what I had there. Give this a try and I hope you enjoy.

1 5-6lb pork butt
2 1/2TBSP Sea or Kosher Salt
about a head of garlic
2 1/2TBSP Soy sauce
Steamed White Rice (Sushi Rice Is Even Better)

The night before, cut slits all through the pork butt to creat pockets. Put a 1/4 to 1/2 a clove of garlic in each pocket. The more garlic you put in the roast the better it taste.

Next rub the roast with the soy sauce and then follow with the salt. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate over night.

The next day heat your Bradley between 210-220°. Smoke for as long as you like and cook until you reach an internal temp of about 190°. I use hickory for more of a pit flavor, however a delicate smoke would rock as well. Shred your pork as with pulled pork and serve over the rice. Enjoy.

Remington

Remington

Sorry for the double post, fingers went nuts.

Remington

JJC

Love the sound of that recipe, Rem!  I'm sure Olds will be adding it to his site soon . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Phone Guy

Any thing with Pork and Garlic.... what a great combination. Do you serve any sweet sauce with this or just soy?

nsxbill

So do you add any liqueur to the recipe..namely Kahlua?  

When you think about it, it would probably be pretty good.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.