• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another rookie

Started by Rick Redhair, June 20, 2005, 07:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Redhair

After looking at the forum I am going to get a Bradley. I was going to do the Cabela's route but was enlightened to the world of "Chez".
How do I order through him? I would like to keep the money local and avoid the wrath and of purchasing from the "dark side"
thanks
rick

Grillin and Chillin

Welcome! Rick I too am a novice but not wise in years. I ordered from Cabelas before I knew of the knowledge of the "Chez". However, dispite my ignorance everyone has still taken me in.

His website is //www.chezbubba.com

After talking with some of the guys here about all the great features of the Bradley,  I can't wait till mine comes in.

Good Luck

Oldman

LOL Too too funny...

You two folks are a hoot~~!

Hey Rick you might want to call him (his number is on the web site) instead of ordering through his web site. That way the shipping is a little less as it does not go through Paypal. Chez when he can looks out after us forum members. [:D]

BTW welcome to the group!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Phone Guy

I need to place an order soon myself. I have over 100 misquite left that I'm afraid to use.[B)]

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />I need to place an order soon myself. I have over 100 misquite left that I'm afraid to use.[B)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I'm so sorry.

All kinding aside, it is well known around these parts that I can't stand Mesquite(The Devil's Wood[}:)]).  But if you need to use it I would suggest that you use a lot less than you thing you need.  The problem is that the Bradley is so effecient in burning the wood for flavor that all the freek'n taste of that mesquite comes out in double time. You can't use it for everything but I would use less, a lot less.  I know, I know there are folks that love this stuff but I think there  a lot more that don't use it.  Some like it soft and slow and others like rough and stout.  To each their own.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

MW,
    thanks for the advise. I am going to put some BB's in this evening and was going to use misquite, maybe 2 hours instead of 4. What do you think?

MallardWacker

Guy of Phone,

If I was doing the same I would put in 6 pucks and leave it at that, what burns-burns.  I would err on the light side than the heavy.  I know you wouldn't mind hearing "Just a light smoke flavor-could be stronger" then "What did you smoke this with-Horse Hockey?"  I think it would taste great with ribs.  I prefered rub would be a heavy Paprika based type rub and steer away from the funky stuff that you find at wal-mart that has a bunch of chunky type spices-keep it simple is my prefrance. (I think) any way you find yourself eating the ribs without extra sauce this way than if you had a bunch of spices. Now the stuff that BigSmoker sells is suppose to be great stuff-lots of the folks around here love the stuff.  My favorite is "corky's", it's a regional BBQ establishment.  Some wal-marts once carried it.  HTH.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Phone Guy

Thanks for your help MW. Better to have a light smoke taste than licking an ash tray.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br /> licking an ash tray.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I see you have used Mesquite before in your Bradley.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br /> licking an ash tray.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I see you have used Mesquite before in your Bradley.

SmokeOn,

mski

LOL my feelings exactly[;)]
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

JJC

<br />MW,
    thanks for the advise. I am going to put some BB's in this evening and was going to use misquite, maybe 2 hours instead of 4. What do you think?

I agree with MW about the shorter smoke times for mesquite, and I even like mesquite for several things! Haven't done a BB with it though . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rick Redhair</i>
<br />After looking at the forum I am going to get a Bradley. I was going to do the Cabela's route but was enlightened to the world of "Chez".
How do I order through him? I would like to keep the money local and avoid the wrath and of purchasing from the "dark side"
thanks
rick

Welcome, Rick!  Good move going to Chez, and you should definitely call rather than go through the website.  Make sure you get 2-3 Bubba Pucks and think about a set of jerky racks--they're much more versatile than the standard racks and are easier to clean.  I don't think Chez sells them, but you might want to consider a Maverick ET-73 dual probe remote thermometer (under $40 at various places).

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA