• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Door felt apart

Started by Toker, August 22, 2010, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi all, 30 min ago, i opened the door to put food inside but the door felt apart, i know how to put it back but my question is :is there a pin on the upper hinge like on the bottom one? I don't see any and after replacing the door back, it does not seems to hold as tight as before so maybe i lost my upper pin if any?

SouthernSmoked

Hello toker,

If when your saying pin and you mean the little lock washer then there is only one on the bottom hinge.

I've replaced two doors so far and can't remember one being on the top.

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Toker

THX but if none, how do you prevent the door from falling again? When i open it, it can not stop from falling apart now.

SouthernSmoked

This is on the top correct? 

Is the plastic broken on the door?

Check it and see. Is the hinge bent upwards?
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

seemore

toker. my door did the same thing there is a pin up there it is broken
call bradley
seemore

Toker

Hey seemore can you discribe this pin pls i found something broken inside that looks like what you say but not like the botton pin i think you got my problem.

Toker

What i found looks like a kind of nails or screw. Are you talking about this

Habanero Smoker

As seemore stated, at the top of the door the hing is a pin hing. The pin protrudes upward from the hing. If there is no pin on the hing then the pin has broken off. Of if you don't see a hing, then the whole hing has broken off the door. At the bottom the is also a pin that is not permanently fixed to the door, and that can drop off when the door is removed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

OK, but are both the pins look the same? I know what you are talking for the bottom, but for the upper hinge, all i've found broken is a small thing like a screw or something like it, no pin like in the bottom.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Toker

On the original smoker the top hinge pin is permanently fixed into the door it is cast into the plastic if this pin is missing
you will need to replace the entire door.

Give the office a call @ 1-800-665-4188  they can arrange to send you out a new door

(Just a note Keep the bottom hinge pin the new door does not come with that pin.)

Brian.

SouthernSmoked

Hello again toker

This is what it should look like and if your not seeing this pin then you should call Brian at Bradley @ 1-800-665-4188

And if you missing this you should call Brian at Bradley @ 1-800-665-4188. You door will still work without this lock but if you lift up at all it will slip out.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Toker

THX all, now its clear  ;D i lost my upper pin.

Toker

OK, received new door today. On the top pin there is a foam to protect the pin i guess, i need to take it off? I ask because the new door does not close well with it.

SouthernSmoked

Yes take the foam off. It should just be a metal pin with threads at the very end. Look at the one photo with the top hinge. I just replace that door about two months ago.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Toker

Hey THX Southernsmoke i finally got it. My problem was the top plastic on top of the door, you know the plastic where it is written open. What i did, is i unscrewed the door seal so this plastic could be taken off then, i replaced the door after, i put the plastic back and that's it. The door close very well now. I think the plastic was pushed too deep so the top pin could not get into the hinge hole. 8 hours to figure it out  :-\ But i got it. THX for the picture it really helped.