Most Disgusting Meat Ever!!

Started by DTAggie, August 18, 2010, 08:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Only bad shrimp I have ever smelled is after it sat out on the jetties all day while fishing!

TestRocket

BuyLowSellHigh

I mostly quit buying meat at Kroger, which creates a not insignificant challenge given the local shopping options.  When it comes to pork I have concluded Kroger is about the worst.  Nearly all of their pork is enhanced with an awful brew of stuff.  The  upshot is it ends up stinky even when it's fresh.  DT yours may have been spoiled on top of already bad.  Their beef is mostly from Excel and all of that is Select grade - pretty poor in my opinion.  When they have good Angus I'll make an exception.  Their ground beef comes from who knows where (I've heard Georgia and shipped into TX), but they don't grind it in the store anymore, save some Angus ground chuck on occasion.  Chicken is a disaster - all of it's enhanced.  Bottom line, I try real hard to NOT buy any fresh meat from our local Kroger.  Produce is another issue that isn't much better.

I believe Kroger, as a chain, has been  wrestling with how to compete with Wal-Mart.  The effect has been cheapen everything and trash quality in favor of lowest possible price.  I am a believer that value is a combination of quality and price.  In my very humble opinion Kroger has pushed the quality standards so low that the value is rather poor.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

DTAggie

Max

Some of the supermarket chains around here will refund you DOUBLE if you bring back meat that is bad.

Indy Smoker

I had the same thing happen to me from the same store chain, mine happened the night I was gonna rub them down for the smoke to start the next day for a weekend get together - you talk about a bummer!

I took them back and was refunded every penny - made sure of that.  I have been getting the double pack at Sams and have not had an issue yet.