Sweet Bread Starter

Started by classicrockgriller, August 26, 2010, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captainslug

Q, I don't want to butt in line or step on anyone's toes, but if something can be worked out and I can get some starter, it would be greatly appreciated.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

mikeradio

I am back from my trip to Vancouver and can send anyone starter as well.

Mike

azamuner73

Looks yummy!

You know there is another "sweet bread" out there.

Sometimes refered to as Offal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

I bet your sweet bread is a lot tastier than these innards.

TestRocket

Dad gummmmm! That's some good looking bread!

Bookmarked! I should be needing these instructions very soon!   ;D

OU812

Made up some sweet bread from the starter I got from CRG.

Yes the starter is still ALIVE Sonny.

The girls wanted cinnamon rolls, I wanted bread. Sooooo, I did up every thing just like makin bread but replaced the sugar with brown sugar, the corn oil with unsalted butter and when it came time to make the loafs I rolled the dough out about 6" wide and bout 16" long and brushed the dough with a typical egg wash then covered that with a mixture of 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Tbl Penzeys Cinnamon and 1 tsp of bread flour on each loaf. Rolled that thingy up like makin cinnamon rolls except just dropped them in a loaf pan and cooked like bread.

This is what came outta this new thing called an oven.

And the supprise inside.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm goooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

classicrockgriller

Thanks for adding it to the Bread post.

Goona try some soon.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 27, 2010, 07:23:06 PM
Thanks for adding it to the Bread post.

Goona try some soon.

Youbetcha.

Fed my starter last night, makin the dough now, fixin to make some dinner rolls tonight.

jiggerjams

"Sweet" tutorial CRG. Thanks!! Now to track down some starter from my Canadian Bradley brotherhood.

OU812

I was feedin my starter the other day and rather than make bread i made some waffles.

Yep this is the same starter I got form Sonny, thanks Sonny.

Just did like makin bread but after the overnight thing I dumped in 2 cups all purpose flour, 2 Tab sugar, 2 cups Silk, you can use milk.  ::)

Let that sittill its happy then stir down and add 2 large eggs 1/4 cup unsalted butter 3/4 tea salt and 1 tea baking soda.

Mix and let sit a bit wile the iron warms up, then walla, you gits some damn Good waffles.

This will make around 16 waffles. I make them all, then cool and put in a bag then throw in the freezer.

When I feel like something quick I just drop a couple of these thingies in the toaster and in no time its ready to eat.

Tune in later, I anit done seein what I can make with this starter.

jiggerjams

Great improvization!! I love waffles.

OU812

Sooooooooooooooo.... I felt like some Pizza.

Took out my starter.

Thanks Sonny.

Did the whole feed it thing, then after I saved what I needed, I took a shot ;D and went on to makin some pizza dough.

First I took what was left, on a side note I have cut my starer in half so I'm only startin with 1/2 cup, and added 1/2 cup hot water, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 tea salt 1/2 tea active dry yeast, to give it a kick, now take another shot  ;D

Mix the yeast with the water and a pinch of sugar, let sit wile you measure out the rest of the stuff.

Then dump the starter in the KA bowl, add the water/yest and start the mixer on low.

When that has mixed together start adding the flour.

Let rest round 5 min, then knead, scraping off the hook every now and then, for bout 8 min, or until you have a smooth lookin ball of joy.

Now dump your dough in a greased bowl, cover and go do some chores ::)

When that has raised to almost double plop out in a oiled deep dish pan, I use EVOO and flatten out. It will spring back, when it does, wait bout 15 min and try again.

Now try to bring the dough up the sides of the pan, if it starts to fight you again wait again.

Pre heat the oven to 450 F

Now after the dough has givin into the master its time to let it rise till as thick as you like then throw in the oven for 7 min.

Now start addin the goodies.

I used 1 ld ground chuck, 1 lb pepperoni, 1 lb mozzarella, a can of petite tomatoes and some pizza sauce.

The trick to deep dish, for me, is put down 1/2 lb of the cheese right on the crust, then the beef, the tomatoes a layer of pepperoni the rest of the cheese then another layer of pepperoni.

Now bake at 450 for 10 to 15 min and tada!

A pizza pie.

Time to enjoy!

Dont get any better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jiggerjams

Now that 's a pie!! Looks very delish!

Tenpoint5

And to think that when Sonny first sent this stuff to you, I for one was wondering if you even knew how to turn the oven on let alone make bread. Your doing some perty cool stuff Curt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

That Sweet Bread starter has turned Curt into the "Poppin' Dough Boy"

He is doing some amazing stuff with the starter. And I don't think He

is thru.

You go Curt! I am enjoying every minute of it and I am relaying

your exploits to the ladies that are "The Keepers of the Bread".

You got them 85 year old plus Ladies giggling like School Girls.

OU812

Thanks guys.

Gotta keep Sonny fed, Thats what I named my starter.  ;D

And your right Chris, the oven thing is new to me, I think I'm gettin this oven thingy figured out.  ::)

Made a big ole pie again last night, had CB and all the other fixins on this one, even made up my own sauce this time.

Taby was home this weekend and thought my sauce is better than what I was using.

I think it needs more thyme.