Smoke Generator Adaptor for Propane smoker

Started by mbetz, December 13, 2009, 07:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbetz

Well my smoke generator arrived this week.  Yesterday I had some time while my daughter was taking a nap this is what I got accomplished.  I used some 3/4" plywood I had laying around.  I intend on adding some feet to the bottom of the box still.  After the feet are added I will locate and mount the other PVC flange to the side of my propane smoker cabinet.  I still intend on finishing the outside of the box to help protect it from the elements.  I will post more pictures when it is complete.  I will probably be after Christmas.

Picture of the adapter box without the generator attached.

Picture of the adapter box with the generator attached.

Picture with the access door.  As you can see I have some foam seal in the inside of the access panel.

Picture with the access door closed.

Tenpoint5

Nice looking box!! I would watch out mounting the flange permanently to the side of the cabinet. One would think it will interfear with the normal SG being mounted and used for normal smoking
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mbetz

Well I we got back from our vacation and I found some time today to finish adapting the smoke generator to my propane smoker.  Below are several images of the finished project.

I finished the wood box with a cutting board conditioner and I painted the PVC with the fusion spray paint.

Enjoy the pictures.  I am going to give the finish a couple of days to cure before I give it it's first test run.  I will let everyone know how it goes.

Happy Holiday's

Mark

KevinG

That came out nice Mark - can't wait to see it full of smoke.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

djkost

Say where did you get the adaptor for the smoke generator? I need on also cause I have a small wood stove that would work to connect to  the smoker.

mbetz

I made this adapter from some scrap wood I had around the house.  Then purchased some PVC to connect it.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

BuyLowSellHigh

Very impressive use of the Bradley SG, and very nice craftsmenship.

Quote from: mbetz on December 13, 2009, 07:59:38 AM
... Yesterday I had some time while my daughter was taking a nap this is what I got accomplished.  I used some 3/4" plywood I had laying around.  ...

Okay, I have a question ... how long are your daughter's naps?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here