2 Rib Racks

Started by KevinG, September 08, 2010, 11:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinG

We had ribs on sale $1.97/lb instead of $2.81/lb, so I picked up a couple of racks. Rubbed them all over with my favorite Tasty Licks Ribit Rib Rub, let them sit overnight in the fridge. Pulled them out and have them getting to room temp while I pre-heat the bradley to 225° ready for 3 hours of Hickory.

Photobucket seems to be out of service, (at least for me now). So maybe some pics will happen later, if not let me put you into a trans - close your eyes, you are getting sleepy, sleepy, you are now in a trans,  say out loud 10 times ribs, ribs ..... now imagine two racks of ribs, all covered in rub, wrapped in saran wrap sitting on a counter.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

TestRocket

They sure look pretty!

Can I wake up now I need to get back to work?  ;D

KevinG

I don't think you're going to want to come out until you taste them. Now imagine the two racks placed in the smoker on two different upper shelves facing opposite directions. Smoke just starting to roll, and maverick guiding the way.

TestRocket

Would you turn down the lights and put on a little music please?

KevinG

LOL, careful or I'll make you cluck like a chicken.  ;D

TestRocket

LOL  ;D

Back to the ribs, I just tried Photobucket and it seemed to be working now. Good luck!

KevinG

Uh oh, I must've been bad or something, I still can't get to the website. This is going to be bad if I can't post pics anymore.

TestRocket

Photobucket is working from home too.

Could be that's what happens when you make the wrong person "cluck like a chicken"?  ;D

But really reboot and reset modem, routers and computers just in case.

We need PICS!

BuyLowSellHigh

Clear your browser cache too - temp internet files are a common offender that can prevent you from getting to a website.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

So far I ran a scan on my computer and it found nothing, I cleared my cache, nothing, I blocked all animation and popups, nothing. This is the error message that comes up.

The web address you entered is not available[more information]You were trying to go to photobucket.com

When I click on the more information button I get this.

A 50x server error was received attempting to serve your request, indicating that either the server is currently unable to handle the request or the request timed out waiting for a response. The error may have been due to a temporary issue and therefore you could try to access the web address again.

Anybody got any ideas? I'll be re-booting shortly.

BuyLowSellHigh

I just went there without any problems.  So either it is an ISP issue, or something in your setup.. Just on a lark Google photobucket and use that link to get to the front end.  If that gets you there the URL embedded in the link/shortcut you are using may be corrupted and needs to be replaced.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KevinG

Re-boot didn't cut it and google search had no luck either. Oh well, now you can invision the ribs after the foil is removed and coated with a heaping helping of BBQ sauce.

FLBentRider

A 500 series error is a server-side error, but I have no problem getting into pb from home or the office.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

I don't understand that. So far it's the only site I can't get into. I wonder if it's a dial up thing.

Ribs are done, and in the belly. Came out good, nice pull from the bone. Dark brown in color, and a nice twang to the taste. Picture me with sauce all over my face, hands, and shirt and belly sticking out from under it.