new to Bradley

Started by Grimmelwolf, September 22, 2010, 07:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Do you check the internal temp on your briskets?

I din't know what size they were, but at 215 to 220, 12 hours is not enough

time to cook two briskets.

You cook by finished internal temp, not time spent in smoker.

Grimmelwolf

Wow! Best brisket I've had yet, super tender, very juicy and extremely tasty. The smaller one (for my friend) on the top rack was even more tender. I can't wait to smoke some pork next time, it was so easy with the Bradley. This brisket was so much better than what I had at Famous Daves earlier in the week.  :)

Grimmelwolf

These were smaller briskets than usual, all I could find without a long drive, and the internal temperature was perfect. Thank you for your help.

DTAggie

Welcome Grimmel.  Way to go all out on your first smoke.  Do you have something measuring cabinet temp and meat temp?

TestRocket

Welcome Grimmel,

Glad to hear your briskets turned out so good!

Caneyscud

Quote from: Grimmelwolf on September 22, 2010, 08:18:13 PM
I can't wait to smoke some pork next time, it was so easy with the Bradley. This brisket was so much better than what I had at Famous Daves earlier in the week.  :)

Congratulations Mike.  Brisket you make in your own backyard it superior to any you can get at the chain's.  Brisket is the King of Meats!  However one thing you stated is worrisome.  We have an unwritten code here on the forum.  But since you are a newbie, we realize you did not know how sacred it is.

Now everybody don't moan at the same time - those that have been forum members for a time knows what is coming next.

Drum roll please -----Time to break out THE pledge.

Never ever forget the Bradley Pledge - Do NOT be guilty are letting out too much information that in the wrong hands could be detrimental to the enjoyment of our journey to smoking nirvana!  Others have said that in the wrong hands, the release of that information could tend to curtail the consumption of adult beverages.

Before you go off bragging and telling everyone how simple it is - remember the Bradley Pledge.

Did I happen to mention "Remember the Bradley Pledge"?

Raise your right hand, step on your left toe, close both eyes and read after me:

The pledge -- "We pledge, under the penalty of having our Bradley melt into nothingness, never to tell our OR especially anyone else's adoring and admiring family (particularly significant others) and friends, the SECRET (the ease) of Bradley Smoking.  We further Pledge to use our Bradleys as often as possible so as to never let our family and friends be without smoked delicacies.  There are just some things that should not be smoked and until we find out what they are, we Pledge to smoke everything we can catch, drag to the smoker, wrap in bacon, and fit into our Bradleys."

Now go about your merry day, but let that little thing in the back of your mind - that little nagging thing called a conscience take over before you utter any word about how easy this is to any rug rats or wife's of the female persuasion, or anybody else except us, your forum buddies and anybody you are trying to convert to a Bradley Smoker!

AND as Hal has reminded us in the past -

When you begin a smoke...

Always run your finger in one of those greasy smoker crevices (that you never really clean good).  Dab your face and arms a bit.
This is war.  Act like it.
Awrighten.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"