Cedar wrapped King salmon

Started by ArnieM, September 15, 2010, 04:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I went to the butcher today.  I brought a brown bag of fresh picked peppers and some cedar wraps (recently featured on Woot.com).  I told him I'd like to do some salmon in the cedar wraps.

In the end, I got a 4 pound Angus chuck roast.  He threw in a pound of King salmon (free) to see what I could do with it.  Pics follow.

Here's the hunk of fish.

The wraps were soaked for about 30 minutes and then painted with golden (not toasted) Sesame oil.  The veggies were "par-boiled" in the nuker for about 45 seconds.  Then, the fresh dill was added.

I wrapped them up and they went on the grill (indirect heat) for about 10 minutes.  I don't like to overcook salmon, or any fish for that matter.

Finally dinner.  Lightly seasoned brown rice in the pressure cooker and a garden salad.  Good stuff.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TestRocket

Very nice presentation! I'll give you an 8.759 (out of 9). The rice was a little disheveled and that far upper left piece of lettuce could have been tucked under the tomato just a bit!  But the plating of the fish is a perfect 9!

Sorry I guess I'm still suffering from competition brain! It looks delicious!  ;D

squirtthecat

Very nice!

How do you like that new pressure cooker? 

ArnieM

TR - The only competition here is go get it on the plate and get to it before the cats find it.  Boy, do they ever love salmon.

Squirt - The cooker works really well.  Now I have this hunk of chuck roast and the question is what to do?  Pot roast, stew, Texas red?  I'm kinda leanin' toward the chili.  I think it'll get a lot more use as the temps drop.  But, then, there's more smoked cheese in the OBS.
-- Arnie

NePaSmoKer

Kummok

Excellent use of King!! (If my wife's stoopid cat got into that plate, we'd be having grilled cat for the next meal ;D )

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Arnie, awesome looking dish.  You have an incredible butcher.  Do you have some incriminating pics of him or something?  This guys really hooks you up.  Gotta love that kind of customer relationship.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on September 16, 2010, 06:51:53 AM
Arnie, awesome looking dish.  You have an incredible butcher.  Do you have some incriminating pics of him or something?  This guys really hooks you up.  Gotta love that kind of customer relationship.

I have to agree Arnie that butcher of yours takes pretty good care of you. I noticed you have some cheese in the OBS. Is some of that destined for a butcher near you? If he was my butcher and took that good of care of me I know I would be sending him some for personal use!!

Dinner Looks Great. Be grilled cedar wrapped Cat around here as well if the cat got into the salmon.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Quote from: Kummok on September 15, 2010, 08:00:17 PM
(If my wife's stoopid cat got into that plate, we'd be having grilled cat for the next meal ;D )

Ah geez you know that little ole putty cat is yer best bud Kummock  :D
You can borrow a few of my German Shepards for the day if you want to.  They would take real good care of that kitty. I promise  ::)

ArnieM

I have taught our cats manners.  They all got a piece of the salmon.

We have a table and four chairs in the kitchen.  Two for my wife and I and the three cats share the other two.  Let's just say I wouldn't leave my plate unguarded for any length of time.  ;D
-- Arnie