Darqman and His New Harley ..... Bad Accident

Started by classicrockgriller, September 16, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarqMan

The insurance company called today and the total damages to the bike totaled $10,547.28.  That's right, you heard me right.  Turns out the frame was bent where the left engine guard attaches and the entire frame is being replaced. Estimate for repairs is 6 weeks due to the time it will take to get parts from Harley. Gives me plenty of time to shop for a helmet. ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

Tiny Tim

When shopping for that new brain bucket, keep in mind to get one that's not only DOT certified, but also rated by the Snell Foundation with a M certification, I think the latest should be M10, but don't know when the last specs came out, may be M05.

DarqMan

Thanks for the tips.  I'm shopping online now.  I'll probably try some on before I decide. Snell approved is a bit more difficult to find.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

Tiny Tim

Yeah, but I trust them a lot more than just the DOT. lol.  They have 2 specifications that I know of...M for Motorcycle, and SA for Specialty Applications such as stock car racing and drags.  If all else fails, try the Bell or Simpson sites...I have an open face Bell and a full face Simpson, but I'll probably have to get a new one when I start riding...the Bell is M90, and the Simpson is M95.  Just couldn't get any SA's to fit when I was racing.  I know better now.

camoghost

Wishing Steve the best and a speedy recovery.