Sturgeon

Started by glide32, August 24, 2003, 05:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glide32

I have been smoking for a good time now & was very comfortable with my process. I recently installed a Bradley smoke generator in my smoker (the bradley smoke house unit is way to small, for me) & now my Sturgeon has a leather shell about 1/32" around it! My Salmon is working well both cold & hot, but I cant get the Sturgeon tender on the outside. Any ideas????????

Thanks Todd

Fuzzybear

Dang, talk about two years to get back to Todd on this one!  Man, are we sorry![:0]

Anyhoo....I don't have an answer, however, I will be attempting a simple salt and brown sugar brine this weekend on a slab o' sturgeon.

Anyone else out there have any luck/experience with Sturgeon on the Bradley??[:D]

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

jaeger

Welcome to the forum glide!

Don't be a stranger![:D][:D][:D]

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Fuzzybear

Alrighty kids, I smoked it using my trusty old brown sugar and salt brine...turned out great according to the guy who gave me the fishy.  Personally, I prefer Salmon...he preferred the Sturgeon!!  Anyway, I smoked it for about 3 1/2 hours at 175 degrees (or as close to that temp as possible)  I alternated 3 hours of smoke using apple; cherry and maple pucks.

Chattaroy, WA - USA!

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzybear</i>
<br />Alrighty kids, I smoked it using my trusty old brown sugar and salt brine...turned out great according to the guy who gave me the fishy.  Personally, I prefer Salmon...he preferred the Sturgeon!!  Anyway, I smoked it for about 3 1/2 hours at 175 degrees (or as close to that temp as possible)  I alternated 3 hours of smoke using apple; cherry and maple pucks.

Chattaroy, WA - USA!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hope Beth sees this post!  Calling Beth . . . calling Beth . . . calling Beth . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA