Fathers Day Ribs

Started by car54, June 28, 2005, 10:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I bought 9 racks of baby backs for Fathers Day. I made them the day before to keep the workload down. Because of the amount of ribs, I smoked them in 2 batches. Each batch was smoked for 4 hours. Then I double wrapped them in foil, poured some apple juice on them and sealed the foil. They were then put in a 200 degree oven and cooked to 190 degrees. After that they were put in a cooler for 2 hours and then refrigerated.

On Fathers Day I reheated them in the oven, still in the sealed foil.Then I unwrapped them, sauced them and put them on a hot grill for about 5 minutes.

The ribs were <b><font color="red">TENDER!!!</font id="red"></b>
 How do you spell success <b><font color="red">RIBS</font id="red"></b>

Brad

MallardWacker

Brad,

What you have discribed is they way I just started doing ribs.  The three pronged approach, Smoke-Wrap and cook more-then finish on the grill is now my preferred way of doing it.  I even got spares to taste right.  All I am doing is perfecting my times for the first two steps.  I like tender ribs where they will stay on the bone just a little.  Now my wife on theo ther hand just wants sumpt'n tender, like pot roast tender.  You cant finish those on the grill.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

eightball

Geez you guys are making me hungry Mallard, I was gonna take the weekend off from cooking and enjoy the 4th. But youall h ae begun to erode the chances of THAT happening LOL
Jay[8]