• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Allied Kenco Meeting

Started by Gizmo, September 21, 2010, 04:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Met with Classic Rock Griller and BuyLowSellHi today at Allied Kenco.  Also met Cody (Allied Kenco) at the store.

Was looking to pick up some new cooking hardware.  Wow, what a store.  Good think I don't live here.  I would relocate the store inventory until the "Boss" would stop me.   ;D

Ooooppps, that wasn't Allied Kenco.  That was the galley on the Battleship USS Texas.

Did pick up a few products though.

CRG delivered on his home made bread.  The sweet bread is awesome (barely hit the table for the picture before disappearing).  Haven't opened up the loaf yet.  Really didn't have room for the sweet bread after eating at Pete's Meat Market and getting stuffed with brisket, ribs, sausage and chicken, but managed to gobble a few of the rolls down any way.  He also brought several packages of sweet potato pancake mix.  Looking forward to trying this out for breakfast in the morning.

Was really a great time meeting forum friends and chatting it up in person.  I think if I ever make ti to retirement, I'll have to buy a motor home just to travel around the county and meet forum members.  Problem is how do I get it to float to places like the Isle of Man ?????    :D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

squirtthecat

Fun!

I just get lost in their website...   So many toys!

NePaSmoKer

Now thats a Motley crew  ;D  3 Texicans in jeans and Rick in shorts.............OH DANG IS THAT A RACIST REMARK  :D  :D...SOWWY  :D  ;D

Hey why didnt ya pump out some Tamales on the tamale press on the table  ;D

No Tamales or Monkeys or Gizmo's or BuyLow guys were hurt in the shooting of this photo

GusRobin

QuoteProblem is how do I get it to float to places like the Isle of Man ?????  

Try this

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

hal4uk

Crap!  Looks like fun...
I never get to go to TOYLAND!!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: hal4uk on September 21, 2010, 06:07:39 PM
Crap!  Looks like fun...
I never get to go to TOYLAND!!!!

Me either hal  :-\

BuyLowSellHigh

It was a fun day!  Gizmo, it was great finally getting to meet you, your lovely wife, Virginia, and Ryan.  Just so everyone knows, Virginia led the charge at Allied Kenco - she wandered the store finding all the neat things that they needed to get, and steered me to a few goodies as well.  When it comes to smoking and the food as well, she knows her stuff.

Gizmo left me with some goodies - some NePaS style smoked sticks, jerky nuggets, brisket rub from Black's in Lockhart and a couple of his own mixes.  One of those should be called "Speechless", because after a good finger dip and taste test CRG couldn't talk for about 10 minutes (said he heard the voices talking to him but couldn't say anything).  Let's just say a wee bit on the spicy side.  Thanks, Gizmo!  Love 'em.

I left Allied with a noticeably lighter wallet.  CRG left Pete's Fine Meats with a special purchase that I suspect we will see more of somewhere around here at a later time -- that's his story to tell.  But as he walked out the door he had his hand on his wallet which appeared to be suffering a serious injury from the apparent pain in his face.

NePaS, yeah the Texicans were wearing jeans (including Gizmo's son, Ryan) because it was cool here today - temp struggled to get over 80 F- been gray and rainy since Friday. Seems that in spite of that the Californians found it warm and balmy.  I think that Tamale King could crank out about 500 an hour - it's damned scary.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Like the rest have said, It was a fun day Today.

Giz and Family are Super Nice folks.

After we did all the damage at Allied Kenco we could afford, We went to lunch at Pete's Fine Meats.

BLSH bought us lunch and it was pretty tasty. Thanks again Eric.

I had brisket and ribs.

Pete only sells Angus and Kobe.

SouthernSmoked

Hey there Three Amigos, looks like everyone had fun...

Anything still left on the shelves at Allied Kenco??
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SouthernSmoked on September 21, 2010, 06:56:12 PM
Hey there Three Amigos, looks like everyone had fun...

Anything still left on the shelves at Allied Kenco??

He has PLENTY!

That is a fun place to go.

hal4uk

According to the front window, they sell USDA PRIME beef too!  ARGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

BuyLowSellHigh

Hal & NePas, stop your griping and c'mon down.  Just bring plenty of money or credit.   ;D

Allied Kenco's line is "Supplying Everything But The Meat".   After Allied the only place you need is Pete's .. pretty much has it all, as seen here:

http://petesfinemeats.net/Meats.html

Yep Hal, got Prime and they also dry age too, if you desire.  And he's a Traeger dealer.

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on September 21, 2010, 07:13:13 PM
Hal & NePas, stop your griping and c'mon down.  Just bring plenty of money or credit.   ;D

Allied Kenco's line is "Supplying Everything But The Meat".   After Allied the only place you need is Pete's .. pretty much has it all, as seen here:

http://petesfinemeats.net/Meats.html

Yep Hal, got Prime and they also dry age too, if you desire.  And he's a Traeger dealer.

Ok

Ya'll got the southern store cuz i got the northern store and the NC CT store  ;D

Gizmo

Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

DTAggie

Now that is just fantastic.  Forum members getting together.  Even better, Gizmo having his family along.  Hope my family still wants to travel me when the kids are older.  Geez now I am teary eyed.  Oh and Texicans.  Just love em!