Electrical Hook up Question

Started by Brother Bill, June 19, 2005, 03:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Bill

Since I received the suggestion as how to plug in the GURU, I was wondering if it is possible to plug the tower direct into a wall outlet and plug the generator into a separate outlet to be able to shut off the generator after the smoking is complete? That way the tower will be able to finish cooking the product without wasting electricty or ware & tear on the generator. Thoughts please from experienced smokers Thanks much!---also HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of us![:D]

BB

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

brother bill, i am guessing that when you said tower you are meaning the bradley cabnet? if so no , whe you got your guru you also got the power raptor right? the way it hooks up is this way plug the smoke gen into the wall out let, then plug the power raptor into the wall outlet, then plug your bradley cabnet into the plug on the side of the power raptor, then i plug the 12v power pack into the plug on the back of the smoke gen. then take the little 12v plug in and take it to the guru and plug it in to the to plug that says 12v power, then take the other littel cord that plugs it into the raptor and the other end goes  to the guru where it says fan, , you will be able to swicth the smoke gen on and off without afecting the guru operation, one thing to rember is if you leave it all hooked up like i do on the back porch when not in use unplug the 12v power suply if the power goes out and then back on with it still hooked up it will turn on by it self , not good if you have it coverd and you are not home. if you have any more ? let me know. and happy fathers day to you and all,

Brother Bill

Thanks Rob! The way you have described the hook up will still enable me to turn the smoker off after I have finished the somking time and continue the cooking cycle in the cabinet (tower). DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?  BB

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Brother Bill</i>
<br />Thanks Rob! The way you have described the hook up will still enable me to turn the smoker off after I have finished the somking time and continue the cooking cycle in the cabinet (tower). DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?  BB
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If you want to turn off the generator, you will have to plug the 12v adapter into an outlet, other then the back of the generator. Once you turn off the generator, there will be no electricity going to the generator outlet. I use a Stanley heavy duty powertap, that has six outlets to help me plug every thing in.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Brother Bill

OK on the GURU hook-up-- thanks to all.

BB

Chez Bubba

Hey Rob,

Shouldn't you be fishin'?[;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Hey Rob,

Shouldn't you be fishin'?[;)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
not yet few more day  to get ready, sent you a priority mail on sat just a small box of hooks that i forgot,

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

if you keep the 12v pluged into back of smoke gen , even if you turn off the gen with the switch in the front you will still have power in the back, but dont turn off the smoke gen use it for the extra heat  when you open the door,