Greater Vancouver get together

Started by RossP, September 22, 2010, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StickyDan

On second thought, Brian probably has a much better set up than I do. Hmmm ;) ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: StickyDan on November 23, 2010, 10:48:01 PM
On second thought, Brian probably has a much better set up than I do. Hmmm ;) ;D ;D

Sure I can see it now Brian tells what his home address is then everyone would be stopping by for smoked food and I can imagine how many would be stopping by asking him to fix their Bradley instead of coming here.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Slamdunk

10.5 are you saying that would be a bad thing ??  :o

And I agree, I think it'd be great to treat Brian and the Brad family to some good eats.

RossP

Another good thing that comes out of get togethers like this is information. Before dinner while having drinks Slamdunk mentioned that they had just pick up some frozen side ribs form a local store for $ .99 a lb. The next day my loving wife and I went to said store to get in on the deal. Unfortunately they were all out but we each got a rain check. Yesterday we went to see if there were any ribs after we finished work. After looking and not finding any we asked the assistant manager if they were in. He knew nothing about the sale as he had been on holidays and last night was his first day back. After looking he could not find any and suggested that we come back today. We were on our way to the check out and here comes the Assistant manager with a package of ribs, now they were not frozen, I did not think they were the ones on sale but whatr the heck he is the assistant manager. Well the cashier had to reweigh the ribs and have a new label made. I was very happy with the price, I just wish I could get more like this at this price. They really messed up and gave us the ribs at $ .99 a kilogram. We ended up paying $1.73 for the package of ribs. That is 3.85 lbs. of ribs for $1.73 or $.45 a pound. Thanks Murray for the heads up. Also we still have our rainchecks and will be going back for the frozen ribs. 

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

That might be the "Deal of the Week".

Nice snag!

You guys group (Vancouver) is large enough that combine together, ya'll came become

a large buying power and to re-distribute, the cost doesn't become a factor.

Slamdunk

What a score Ross!! Might just have to go back myself!! What did the asst manager look like? I want to hunt him down and ask for the same deal you got!! The ribs we got were really good, hope your's are as well.

We have a rain check for the pork loins @ $1.89 a pound. Gonna get quite a few of them.