• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

NePaSmoker

Started by terry08, September 23, 2010, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry08

Do you ever use the smoke house you built and posted on here a while back. I found this site while searching Google, home built smoke houses. When I saw yours I just had to build it and have loved it ever since.

I am building a second one, but this time I will use 4x8 concrete Hardie siding for the walls. Just wondering if you still have it and use it.

I don't own a Bradley, but own every other brand. I love the house for the hanging and rack space. I smoke a lot of venison sausage, and the house really makes things simple.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: terry08 on September 23, 2010, 04:38:54 AM
Do you ever use the smoke house you built and posted on here a while back. I found this site while searching Google, home built smoke houses. When I saw yours I just had to build it and have loved it ever since.

I am building a second one, but this time I will use 4x8 concrete Hardie siding for the walls. Just wondering if you still have it and use it.

I don't own a Bradley, but own every other brand. I love the house for the hanging and rack space. I smoke a lot of venison sausage, and the house really makes things simple.

Yes i still use the smokehouse. Going to be doing german frankfurters soon in it. Its now pellet fired so i have better control of the heat. Last season i did over 500 lbs of venison, this year prob more.

RAF128

Gee, I thought I was looking at the inside of my homemade smoker :o.

This is mine when it was new and not seasoned yet.

Since then I added a vent on the top left side just like yours.   What a coincidence.    Mine is heated by the burner of a propane turkey cooker and use an old cast iron pan for the wood chips.
Heat control is a problem though.

NePaSmoKer

Mine was propane fired also but temps were a major fluctuation.

terry08

I use only the fish cooker with a cast iron dutch oven for the chips. Temps. are very consistant and accurate. If the temp. on the gauge at the lower rack is 150* then the temp. at the hanging rods is always 4* higher. Uses no propane to heat, as where I live the summer temp. of the house on any given day is between 101* and 110* so it takes very little heat to bring it up to smoking temps. Can't wait for cooler temps. to arrive so I can log the difference. Any way, thanks for the Great Details which you posted and allowed me to duplicate. Being in construction, I built it in one day once I had materials on site.

NePaSmoKer

YW

I was thinking on insulating and SS inner sheeting OR just get off my lazy tokie and start working on my other smoker  ;D

terry08

That one looks awsome.... ;) ;)