• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Tom Petty/ZZ Top

Started by classicrockgriller, September 24, 2010, 08:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Mr and Mrs Gizmo are meeting Me and Wifey at Laundry's Seafood in the Woodlands

and then going to see Tom Petty and ZZ Top perform tonite.

Should be Fun!

FLBentRider

I missed ZZTop the last time they were in town...  :'(

Have fun.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Make sure to bring back a souvenir, maybe some beard hair or something.  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

mikeradio

When ZZ top came to Prince George, the drummer Frank Beard came into my hobby shop, really nice guy.

Ka Honu

I always thought it was strange that Frank Beard was the guy without a beard.

Pachanga

Those are two great bands.  ZZTop played on my high school stage in '72 or there abouts.  We didn't know what we were witnessing at the time.

I was in a nearly 100 year old family owned Fort Worth hat maker shop a few years ago buying a cowboy hat and the owner said he wanted to show me something.  He had a new purplish, small brimmed bowler hat he was aging for Billy Gibbons.  The round topped hat with a rolled brim all around looked like it had been sweated out and had dirt stains etc on it.  It is evidently a real art to age a hat and not make it look contrived.  This one looked well worn and real.  The hat maker was proud of his work and told me his art and methods were a well guarded secret.

I offered to take the bowler to the alley and whiz on it if it would help the cause of reality.  The owner said that might be a good idea and laughed but didn't take me up on it.

I know you will have a great time GRG but here is wishing you and yours a "it don't get no better than this" at the conclusion of the concert.

Good luck and boogie down,

Pachanga

classicrockgriller

I think I see Petty every time he comes to town.

But haven't seen ZZTop since the CrossRoads Festival in Dallas (2004).

Looking forward to it.

DTAggie

Enjoy.  Have seen ZZ Top many times.  Never Petty even though I love him.  I believe they were just here, or are they coming here next?

SouthernSmoked

Two of my favorite bands.

I went and seen Tom Petty at "Dubs Lounge" in Gainesville, Fl. back around 1983. Tom is originally from Gainesville.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

StickyDan

CRG, your killing me!!!  What an awesome bill.  I've seen them both before and they where both fantastic.  You get to see them both together.  You lucky SOB!   Have a blast!!!
On a side note, my mother just went to a Slash and Billy Idol concert the other night.  She's 63 and not much of a rocker.  She loved it.  Weird...
Have a beer for me CRG.

Pachanga

CRG,

It is afternoon now.  Recovery should be well underway.

Give us a report on the show.

I have been playing ZZ Top music every since you posted this and I am loading up some Petty now.

Pachanga

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Pachanga on September 25, 2010, 10:16:34 AM
CRG,

It is afternoon now.  Recovery should be well underway.

Give us a report on the show.

I have been playing ZZ Top music every since you posted this and I am loading up some Petty now.

Pachanga

I was thinking the same thing!! But Sonny aint the spring chicken he used to be. Might not be able to run with the BIG Dogs anymore!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Pachanga

Yes, the haze may be slow in lifting.

A big plate of greasy enchiladas needs to be delivered to his doorstep.  That's a sure cure in my book or at least it is an accelerate.

Pachanga

Tenpoint5

Maybe he forgot the old rule Puff Puff Pass and just Bogarted it!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

The monkey is probably up but CRG is out!