Doing things backwards...as usual

Started by porterdriver, September 28, 2010, 08:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

porterdriver

Greetings from East Texas.  I am assembling all of the stuff I need to make my Bradley do what I want it to.  I bought the Maverick ET-73 thermometer, I am waiting for my Auber WSD-1200CPH PID to arrive and am looking at internal circulating fan set ups.  Then I will buy the Bradley.  In East Texas this time of year, I can't cool the temperature off enough to cold smoke so that's why I assembling my gear kinda backwards.

Like many others, I am sure that I will enjoy my Bradley but will have a zillion questions...but then that's why I'm here.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum porterdriver!

Ask away.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

kinyo

Welcome to the forum!

Ask your questions, there will be someone to help!

ArnieM

Hi porterdriver and welcome to the forum.  Doing things backwards is nothing new around here.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RossP

Welcome to porterdriver, the way I see it you are just being a guy
doing things backwards ;) , just like most of us.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

classicrockgriller

WELCOME to the Forum porterdriver.

Saying you are from east texas and with your first part

of your name, I am guessing you are from Porter, Tx.

Just up the road from you in Livingston.

Glad to have you with Us.

porterdriver

Well as it turns out, I'm just up the road from you...I'm in Lufkin.  Porter comes from an interesting little aircraft (Pilates Porter) that I flew during my 'Southeast Asian Vacation' a number of years (decades) ago.

But nice to know that someone's close by in case I have geographic and weather specific questions as well as the standard ones.

Have you been working with Bradley's long?

Sailor

Welcome to the forum.  CRG has done things with the Bradley's that the inventor never knew was possible.  Wish I could find the photo of his tandem smoke hooking 2 Bradley's together to do a big smoke.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

BuyLowSellHigh

Welcome porterdriver!  I'm a bit south of you along the coast in Lake Jackson.  Good to have another Texan onboard.

In my experience I make better progress when I do things the backwards way, so these days I just try to start that way -- backwards.  Looks to me like you're doing it right.  Enjoy the smoke!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Quote from: porterdriver on September 28, 2010, 11:35:57 AM
Well as it turns out, I'm just up the road from you...I'm in Lufkin.  Porter comes from an interesting little aircraft (Pilates Porter) that I flew during my 'Southeast Asian Vacation' a number of years (decades) ago.

But nice to know that someone's close by in case I have geographic and weather specific questions as well as the standard ones.

Have you been working with Bradley's long?

I have owned a Bradley for over a year, but I try to smoke in

them 2 to 3 times a week. Once did a week long smokathon.

I will be glad to help any way I can.

We were going to have a Texas Smoke Out at Lake Livingston this

weekend but several things happened and we are now looking at

end of Feb or first part of March. More on that latter.