started my first long nite cook

Started by camoghost, September 26, 2010, 08:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camoghost

Rubbed and wrappeed meat last night and loaded it up tonight. Rack 1 7lbs turkey with no legs just Brest and back stuck him on a can of beer like a drunk chicken.
Rack 2 7.75 lbs pork butt for pulled pork injected with apple juice. I cut the butt in 1/2 so I could do 1/2 extra spicy.
Rack 3 1 rack of loin back ribs cut in 1/3s. set the Temp at 220 loaded the bissquets and set the timer for 3hrs on the smoke. Can't wait till tomarrow in hopes everything turns out good.

GusRobin

Are you counting racks from the bottom? Usually you should put poultry on the bottom rack if mixing with pork or beef.

Not sure the turkey will take all night. I did a 12 lb turkey and it took 7 hrs. So you may want to check around that time.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

camoghost

Yes starting on bottum turkey on bottum butts in middle and ribs on top. hope turkey is done for a early lunch have tomarrow off. will probably put butts on bottum then and move ribs down as well.

Tenpoint5

The ribs will probably be done in 5-6 hours.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

i would think if you put in on at 10pm it would be done around 5am or so. 10.5 has you covered on the ribs so I am not sure you can wait until the morning to check on those.
The pork butt will take around 1.5 to 2.0 hrs per lb or longer so that you could be looking at about 14-20 hours
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

camoghost

wish you all could try this stuff it all came out great.

GusRobin

camoghost

10hrs on ribs 12on turkey and about 16 -17 on the butts. the butts are so tender they fell apart.

classicrockgriller

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

camoghost