looking 4 vinegar sauce pulled pork

Started by unclefish, September 27, 2010, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclefish

I tried that vaunted vinegar deal. used the nakano rice vinegar. the one just posted, It was good but I am looking for a different taste, I was going to try with apple cidar vinegar this weekend. Does any body have any other  vinegar sauce recipes I can try with pulled pork.  Thanks Unclefish. :)

classicrockgriller

Quick And Easy Vinegar Sauce
1 Cup White Vinegar
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Red Pepper Flakes
Mix all ingredients.

Vinegar Sauce For Pulled Pork
2 Cups Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cayenne or Red Pepper Flakes

Mix ingredients and stir till sugar is dissolved. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

FLBentRider

I didn't care for the Vaunted Vinegar with the rice wine vinegar.

But I keep finding new things to put the Apple cider vinegar version on - like baked chicken.

I also add some arrow root - or cornstarch - to thicken it up a little. That keeps the red pepper flakes in suspension better.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

I have these you can try. I know the Yellow sauce is really really good. Make sure the wife isn't home and the windows are open when you make it.

Yellow Sauce For Sausage Or Brisket

1 1/2 cups cheap yellow prepared mustard; (NOT Dijon)
1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons margarine
4 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper; (coarse)
1 1/2 tablespoons Franks Louisiana hot sauce; (or similar)

Simmer for 30 minutes on low heat, whisking while heating.

Mustard Vinegar Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Yellow mustard
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic pureed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: unclefish on September 27, 2010, 07:39:26 AM
I tried that vaunted vinegar deal. used the nakano rice vinegar. the one just posted, It was good but I am looking for a different taste, I was going to try with apple cidar vinegar this weekend. Does any body have any other  vinegar sauce recipes I can try with pulled pork.  Thanks Unclefish. :)

Just use the cider vinegar instead. Using the cider vinegar is basically the same recipe that CRG posted.

I prefer the Nakano rice vinegar, I add that to the pulled pork for additional flavor, that doesn't over power the meat flavor. It also works well if someone wants to add a an additional sauce after it is served.

How much pulled pork did you have (approximate cooked weight), and how much sauce did you add?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

unclefish

I did the 1 cup of nakano rice one from that last post,I was wondering how much to do for 8lbs of meat, so I just did the 1 cup deal. I like hot stuff but the wiffy doesn't. I did 8lb pork loin, was good but I like the boston butt better that I did last weekend. I was going to market to try to find a another boston butt for sunday. I have always used the dry rubb deal because I like the bark mixed in with it.

Habanero Smoker

Whether I make my sauce with cider vinegar or Nakano, I use about 1 cup for every 3 - 4 pounds of shredded pork; then taste to see if it needs more. but one cup seems about right. I also make extra in case someone wants to add additional sauce at the table, plus I provide a variety of other sauces.

If both of you have different tastes, you can make or buy a sauce that is hot and add your sauce at the table. If you like the vinegar based sauce but want to kick up the heat you may want to experiment with dicing up some serrano or habanero chilies and add them in your sauce. If you add chili peppers, I would use the micro wave method to heat the sauce to keep down the fumes. Now that I'm writing this I may try this myself. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

TheBoz

If you're looking for good North Carolina style Vinegar BBQ Sauce, try this.  A packet makes a gallon, I divide the powder into 1/4s to only make a quart at a time.  "Charles Mills Famous BBQ Sauce".  Gotta be good if the sell it at an farm store...

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.asp?pn=63649&sid=082909&eid=E082909&lm=agri&bhcd2=1285852473
http://www.acrestationmeatfarm.com/Charlie_Mills.htm

I also substitute this for plain vinegar in red KC Style BBQ sauces, adds a zing and a kick!

Habanero Smoker

I couldn't find a list of ingredients on the website. Could you list the ingredients. I don't like ordering anything that doesn't have the ingredients listed.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

TheBoz

I have a scanned copy of the label, let me see if I can find it
Phil

Carter

I love Carolina Red from Smoke n' Spice.

1.5 cups Cider vinegar
1/2 a cub ketchup.
Tablespoon of Sugar
Teaspoon of Salt
hot pepper flakes or Cayenne pepper to taste.

So easy and so good on pork.  Also great with Smoked chicken.   For the chicken, combined that on a sandwhich slathered in Alabama Great White sauce (also from Smoke n' Spice) and you've got a sandwhich from heaven.