World famous Chipotle Dip!

Started by Superman in Training, July 01, 2005, 04:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

Quote from: Malc on September 24, 2006, 04:59:12 AM
Equal parts Chipotle Tobasco and honey with a little splash of lime juice.  It is pretty good on chicken, shrimp, cereal, etc...

I like that Chipotle Tobasco also, on rice, in Bloody Mary Drink, on eggs, lots of stuff.

And this glaze sounds good.  But In Cereal?

As for the Chipotle Dip, sounds great.  A Must try some time.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Malc

Never tried it on pork loin.  There is not much I can think of that it would not go with.  I have generally used it on grilled chicken, salmon and shrimp.  Never on cereal...that was a joke, but... :P

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

IKnowWood

Thanks for clearing that up.   I was starting to get confused how the cereal, milk and peppers would work out. 

Oatmeal - maybe but that is a stretch.
IKnowWood

iceman

Quote from: IKnowWood on September 25, 2006, 11:06:44 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.   I was starting to get confused how the cereal, milk and peppers would work out. 

Oatmeal - maybe but that is a stretch.
Putting it on grits was about as close as I could get to the cereal thing. Even that is an iffy one. :D

Malc

Chipotle Honey Lime Flakes...the cornerstone to any nutritious breakfast ;D

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

IKnowWood

Gritz.   Why of course this is good with some Chipotle.  I think I have done that actually.  

Now one thing my wife and I talked about this thread is the Dip.  Do it with Mayo only (not sour Creme) and its the staple Chipotle Mayo that would be great (as indicated in post) for Burgers (Beef and chicken pattys) and many others.

Now consider this, use it as is but only use sour cream (no mayo) and a dash of EVOO or Vinegar and it's a chipotle Aioli, great for spicy drizzle or glaze.   Or as I have had, great on a salad with Grilled Flank Steak or Chicken with some Guacamole.
IKnowWood