RETIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by KyNola, October 13, 2010, 06:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinyo

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Wildcat

Congrats! You will not regret it. I retired a little over 3 years ago. Even if you take a pay cut, the loss of frustration is well worth it. I was apprehensive at first due to financial reasons but after doing the math I found that my total net income was not going to change but just a little during the first year. There was a large total gross income difference, but not much of a net.  I am now making more (gross and net) than what my working pay was due to my rentals being paid off.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

azamuner73

Congrats!

I've still got about 21 years left before I can retire.  Wanna trade?

KyNola

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I'm excited but still a little apprehensive about it.  I think once I've got a couple months of retirement under my belt and there's still food on the table and the lights are still on in the house, I'll adjust nicely.

ArnieM

Congrats Larry!  I retired this past April after being out of work for over a year.  Now, instead of putting up with the BS at work all day, I have wifey  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

KevinG

Now the term take it low and slow forms a whole new meaning. You'll be doing that day by day. Enjoy!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

smoker pete

Congrats!!  Enjoy every minute of it.

Pulled the trigger almost 3 years ago and have never looked back.  For years friends who retired used to tell me that I didn't need as much money as I thought I would ... They were right!!

Work used to interfere with my life.  Not anymore.  I wonder how I ever found enough time to work  ;D ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

RossP

Congrats on your retirement, I can only dream of that day unless we decide to sell the buisness. Have fun and now the work begins learning to make sausage like Nepas does, have fun.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

aces-n-eights

Congrats!

When i retired from the Army they had a little ceremony and i was expected to say a few words.  One of the things i said was "You know i have a lot of mixed emotions about retiring.  Some times i feel pretty good about it and other times i'm absolutely ecstatic."  It got a few laughs. 

Enjoy the transition to not needing an alarm clock.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Wildcat

Quote from: aces-n-eights on October 14, 2010, 03:45:59 PM

Enjoy the transition to not needing an alarm clock.

:D My wife bought me a wall clock that only indicates what day of the week it is. The actual time is approximate since the mid point between days is around noon.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

Quote from: Wildcat on October 15, 2010, 04:50:39 AM...a wall clock that only indicates what day of the week it is.

Kinda like my calendar.  I tend bar on Sunday afternoons so I made up a calendar that reflected the "true" names of the days of the week:

Sunday: M-F
     Monday: 1st Saturday
     Tuesday: 2nd Saturday
     Wednesday: 3rd Saturday
     Thursday: 1st Sunday
     Friday: 2nd Sunday
     Saturday: 3rd Sunday