BS Tuning Stage1

Started by Osibisa, July 02, 2005, 09:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osibisa

With the greatest respect to Oldman may I suggest that all of the parts, if available, are easy enough to replace in the smoker unit so I do not envisage me sending it back for repair.

An external, stand alone box is not a problem and would provide an easy way of installing the unit. This was one of the options I was planning, however the initial modification, as illustrated, was an excercise in compactnes, cost and visual acceptance. As has already been said the conversion looks good. As far as reliability is concerned I am quite happy with the visual appearance of the controllers and for the price they are why not buy two!!

Peter

Oldman

Peter,

Perhaps you are not aware of this. Bradley does not sell replacement parts for the generator other than the burner.  Nor do they offer a rebuild service.

Several members have tried to find the OEM parts. A couple members where able to change out parts with items from other appliances that worked, but there is no OEM replacement parts for the generator. Not unless you want to purchase them in the thousands as one member found out.

If you can find a source that would be great. You would become a hero with the group! [:D] Especially with me~~![:p]

If the generator takes a serious dump then you end up purchasing a new generator. I'm sure there are some folks who can make there own parts. However, most members can't. Plus (this is from earlier postings concerning controllers--last year) most members will not cut into their box.

I've talked with Chez about it and it must be the way I'm holding my mouth. [xx(] His generator is on its 5th or 6th year. Shoot I've now have replace two within 16 months for two Bradleys.

Nevertheless, I really like the look of your mounted your unit.

Again thanks for all of your info, and I know the group is glad you are a member. I can see that your contributions in the future will be greatly looked forward to!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Osibisa

Thanks for the info Oldman.. That's very interesting about the parts for smoking unit. I presume then that there is a UK agent to send faulty units to for repair?

What exactly went wrong with the two units you had to replace?

Peter.

Oldman

One unit stopped cycling pucks, the other mis-cycled them. Oh well they were both replaced under warranty~~[:)]

The problem now is both of these units are out of warranty now---Momma! *Olds crosses fingers* [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Hi Osibisa,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I presume then that there is a UK agent to send faulty units to for repair?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As far as I am aware the situation is the same as the U.S, faulty generator units are replaced during the warranty period rather than repaired as this is the most economical option to Grakka (UK agent) and Bradley.

A repair service does not seem to be available! Outside of warranty a new purchase is necessary although the smoke generator may be purchased separately. (around £170!!)

One of the main faults on the generator unit seems to be the puck advance motor and I have found a separate source to buy these and got a couple of spares at around £8 each.

There is a thread on the forum regarding this eleswhere.

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">(around £170!!) <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">WoW what a rip off in pricing. I hope that is for the SS model. I don't know about shipping cost but before I paid that much I will at least talk with Chez....

Olds

car54

I have the Guru unit for my Bradley and it works great. The problem is my Primo grill. My wife has not adapted to it from her Weber. I think I will put the Guru on the Primo and use the ColdFusion contoller on the Bradley. Initially in it's own case but it sure does look good in the smoke generator.

Brad

manxman

Hi Olds,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I hope that is for the SS model<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, they only seem to do the SS BS smoke generator in the uk.

As for whole units, the SS BS model costs around £380 ($700), the black BS around £290 ($530)and the bisquettes £15 ($27) for a 48 pack and £35 ($63) for a 120 pack although occasionally it is possible to get all items a bit cheaper with special offers etc.

Probably be cost prohibitive to get things shipped in from the US although the Maverick ET-73 and 3 bubba pucks that Chez kindly sent me did not work out too bad.

Manxman.
Manxman

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manxman</i>
<br />As for whole units, the SS BS model costs around £380 ($700), the black BS around £290 ($530)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Holy crap!![:0][:0][:(] I wish I was selling them there & not competing with the Ebay whores.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?