Food Festival in Limoges

Started by 3rensho, October 27, 2010, 06:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

Here's an interesting link http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/world/europe/27limoges.html?ref=dining.  I've eaten the andouillette and that stuff would knock a dog off a gut wagon.  Must be an acquired taste.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

TestRocket

I feel a little sick just reading it!

BuyLowSellHigh

I know what that is -- don't need (or want) to read about 'em.  I have been told it IS an acquired taste.  My suspicion is it was what old French farmer's wives fed their wee little kids centuries ago before the kids were discriminating, and that is how the taste was "acquired".
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Made me hungry! I would love to go there and try all of the foods in person. Maybe even learn a trick or two. I am also one of those guys that would love to travel with Andrew Zimmerman
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2010, 05:01:14 PM
Made me hungry! I would love to go there and try all of the foods in person. Maybe even learn a trick or two. I am also one of those guys that would love to travel with Andrew Zimmerman

You need a roadtrip with Anthony Bourdain.  That might cure ya.    ;)

But I suspect what you would really like is to spend a week or two with Paul Olivetti - THE Master of Swine.

Up In Smoke

Quote from: 3rensho on October 27, 2010, 06:41:18 AM
Here's an interesting link http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/world/europe/27limoges.html?ref=dining.  I've eaten the andouillette and that stuff would knock a dog off a gut wagon.  Must be an acquired taste.
Dang it!!!! and me with no gas money.
recon i will have to try again next year  :D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 27, 2010, 05:50:24 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 27, 2010, 05:01:14 PM

You need a roadtrip with Anthony Bourdain.  That might cure ya.    ;)

But I suspect what you would really like is to spend a week or two with Paul Olivetti - THE Master of Swine.
I could hang with Bourdain but I look more like Zimmerman I haven't heard of Olivetti

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BuyLowSellHigh

Oops - it should have been Paul Bertolli.  He isn't a weird food guy - but he is one very serious Chef in the SF Bay area and considered by many to be the best charcutier in the country.  Oliveto is the restaurant where he was the exec chef (considered by some top critics to be the best true Italian restaurant in the US), a position which he left to start his new venture (but he remains an owner and principal in the group).  He's serious enough that he built a commercial scale curing room under his house.  A link to his new venture    http://www.framani.com/paul_bertolli    

As for Bourdain, send me a card.  Are you ready for this ?

edit - Chris, I meant the comment about time with Bertoli as a compliment to your skills and passion.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on October 27, 2010, 06:21:23 PM
Oops - it should have been Paul Bertolli.  He isn't a weird food guy - but he is one very serious Chef in the SF Bay area and considered by many to be the best charcutier in the country.  Oliveto is the restaurant where he was the exec chef (considered by some top critics to be the best true Italian restaurant in the US), a position which he left to start his new venture (but he remains an owner and principal in the group).  He's serious enough that he built a commercial scale curing room under his house.  A link to his new venture    http://www.framani.com/paul_bertolli    

As for Bourdain, send me a card.  Are you ready for this ?

edit - Chris, I meant the comment about time with Bertoli as a compliment to your skills and passion.
BLSH, I appreciate the thought and comments but I am not much different than anyone else that cruises around this forum. I am a food junky and love to try new things and if it works I do my best to share it.