Burning 2 Bisquettes at same time

Started by veggieman, March 23, 2004, 08:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

Quote<i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Please you all, don't take this wrong.  I'm with BigRed on this.  I have never needed to to have my pucks burn exactly.  I have no problem with the fact that the next puck starts to burn.  I also don't use BubbaPucks and all my pucks burn execpt for the last 1/3 of the one in the generator (in a 12hr smoke).  My results are just too good to even worry about it.  The burning temp is so low that if one stays on a little long, I may be wrong here, but I don't think it matters.  Unless the pucks are just not advancing, then I would not be worried.  But, hay I am open for a new thought on this.

I am missing something here???

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

Mallard Man!

Well, I am glad I was not going nuts and someone else agrees with the 4 hours idea not  (only my opinion ) causing a problem. I do use Bubba Pucks casuse I want to get the full burn out of my 4 hours.
I think I understand the issue but as you say I am just happy the puck advance works!  Ribs this week end! It will be my first test wtih cold weather outside with the BS. A cold front has come through Dallas and it is down in the 40 degree range. I know that this is not cold to our Canadian and Northern friends but it is here.Goog smoking everone!

BigRED

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

just a thought here, thinking outsde of the box (smoker) here, but the second puck would have to start to burn before it reaches the burner to have a steady smoke,  or else it would be a time cap between burning pucks ,

BigSmoker

Ahhhhhaaaaa[:0],
Now that makes 100% sense.  Give that man a cookie.  I'd call this case closed[;)].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

MallardWacker

BigR,

The same cold front came yesturday (Little Rock, AR).  I happen to be smoking a butt, started at 6:15pm last night, pulled at 8:15am this morning at internal of 185deg. Ate that puppy for lunch at the office. Stayed at 210-220 all night long with no problem.  Also had some ABT's cooking.  For Shame-For Shame~~I ate those for breakfast.  Just goes to tell you that BBQ is just not for breakfast anymore.

This is a nice cold front too.  Heard Geese all night long and into this morning.  This one is the real deal.

Have a great weekend everyone.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

psdubl07

Well, I'm not sure how to articulate the 40 minute burn any clearer, so I'll just give up.  It has nothing to do w/ a 4 hour smoke time and I have no problem specifically w/ a puck beginning to burn before it's on the burner plate <i>as long as it gets pushed off when it's done</i>.

That being said, as I stated before, I am very pleased with the food that comes out of the Bradley smoker and I appreciate everyone's advice here on smoking tips etc...
Did some babybacks the other night w/ a bourbon-style bbq sauce as a finish.  LIP-SMACKING! [:p]