Heating element

Started by Gunny, November 20, 2010, 12:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

While smoking a few days ago my temp dropped from 220 to 75. I looked through the forums and followed some trouble shooting tips. Ends up I have power all the way to the heating element. I left Bradley an email but no answer. The smoker was purchased in June this year and I'm sure Bradley would replace it (element) however when I go to the website I can't connect to their "contact" option. Long story short, I need a new element ( like yesterday). They aren't TOO expensive so does anyone know a good place to order one where I can get priority shipping. Bradley only offers "standard" shipping on the website.

Thanks for any help I can get..... Semper Fi!
Don't kill it if you can't grill it!

KevinG

Not sure, but check Yard and Pool.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Gunny

thanks Kevin... I did and they too only offer standard shipping. Appreciate the info.

GusRobin

Call Bradley Monday at 1-800-665-4188
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Gunny

Thanks Gus... That's what I'm going to do. Just an FYI for me... where is Bradley shipping from?

GusRobin

I think from thr midwest somewhere. It usually gets there in a couple of days. I assume you can arrange overnight shipping , might have to pay
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

lumpy

I have Bradley send me some parts a while back and had them at my door in 3 days.
But that was Domestic from BC. Not sure where they ship from the US.

While your at it, order 2 elements. They are cheap and if you ever need to replace, you have one or if you plan on adding a 2nd element, here is your chance.

Let us know what happens.

Gunny

I was thinking the same thing about ordering an extra. I'll have to read up on adding an additional element....

KevinG

I just checked yard and pools policy on express shipping and they do it.

Next Day Air and Second Day Air delivery is available at an additional charge. For an express delivery shipping quote please contact us at 1-888-908-YARD during normal business hours or use our Contact Us Form. Be sure to list all items you wish to purchase as well as the complete shipping address and express shipping option you would like quoted. Items that are considered Hazardous Materials and some oversized/overweight items cannot be shipped next day or second day air and must go by standard ground service. Next Day Air and Second Day Air delivery is only available for "next business day" delivery. Weekend and holiday delivery is not available.

Gunny

Kevin, was that listed on their website? When I was there and placed an order to check the shipping my only option for shipping was "standard". When I didn't see any other options I cancelled the order. I'll go back and check it out again. Thanks!

KevinG

Yea, it was under the shipping policies. I'm not sure, but you may need to email Bryan at begolf25 to get it expidited.

begolf25

Quote from: Gunny on November 20, 2010, 04:25:29 PM
Kevin, was that listed on their website? When I was there and placed an order to check the shipping my only option for shipping was "standard". When I didn't see any other options I cancelled the order. I'll go back and check it out again. Thanks!

Hey Gunny,

We ship out of Maryland so normal transit time to NC would be 2 days. Give us a call at the office, 1-888-908-9273 and we can help you out.

Bryan

Gunny

Thanks to everyone... called this morning and talked with Jackie (SUPER PERSON). I told about the element and about the cracks I have on the door. She said she would get the element and door shipped out today. She also commented that it was 2 days shipping to NC. I'm not counting on getting it by Wednesday (murphy's law) but if I do then it would be the "smoke" on the turkey. Anyway, thanks to all and a BIG thanks to Bryan and especially Jackie!!!!

I hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving!
Semper Fi,
Jerry

Gunny

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... got my new element TODAY! Replaced the bad one and it's GAME ON!!!  ;D
Gonna cold smoke the bird for about 3 hours tonite and deep fry it tomorrow. Also gonna smoke some baked beans.... "PIG CANDY"  :P . Gonna cook the ham normally, mama doesn't want EVERYTHING smoked  :-\ . Anywho..... GUNNY IS HAPPY!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with getting my element. Bryan - YOU DA MAN and Jackie is DA WO MAN!!!!! Happy Holidays to ALL!!!!!  ;D