Cooking heating element quit working

Started by jamesp11, July 10, 2005, 05:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesp11

I have an original Bradley Smoker that is a couple of years old. I have used it many times since I purchased it and it has always workd great. Yesterday when I used it I noticed that the cooking heating element was not working, nor was the little red front light coming on. The smoking heating element is working fine. I used my volt meter to see if the power cord was deliveing power to the rear of the smoking box and it was. I then opened up the lower front casing and checked to see if power was getting to the switch, and it was.

I suspect that the sliding switch has gone bad. Looking in the groove it looks like it may be corroded.

Any thoughts? Does Bradley sell replacement switches?

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, JP.  Sorry to heqar about your problems.  Since the BS is a couple ov years old, it's out of warranty, so I would call Chez Buba (chezbubba.com)--he carries all the replacment parts for the BS, can help you diagnose the problem, and get yo back in business in a hurry.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

Here is his web-site: http://www.chezbubba.com You call him today and it goes out by tomarrow. He and Ann offer real fine service.

If possible call him instead of going through paypal and the shipping cost will be more in-line. I just replaced my rhostat and it was under $20.00! I order it last Tuesday and it was here Friday.

BTW Welcome to the forums... hope to hear from you soon again.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!