• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

use brisket to make jerky?

Started by bkcsmoker, November 10, 2010, 03:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkcsmoker

new to the smoking game.  bought a 10lb brisket--- could i use a couple of lbs of it and make some jerky too, or would that be a waste of the meat?  any thoughts would be appreciated!

Quarlow

WOW, wow, wow man, that brisket is way to expensive for jerky. I get whole Eye of round roasts for jerky. You can get them pretty cheap usually and they are perfect for it. I have 4 in the freezer just waiting for me to get motivated. I got those for around $12 to $15 bucks for a 3.5 kilo whole eye. Sorry for the metric and I am to tired to convert right now. But yeah save the brisket for...well brisket. Or make it into corned beef which you can then make into pastrami if you like. The recipes for those are here somewhere and if you are into it someone will chine in on it. But if you ask how to smoke/cook a brisket you will get an answer. And when you see pics of them you will want to make it. I am waiting to find a deal on a brisket cause they are super expensive here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.