• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My First shot at Snack Stix

Started by Tenpoint5, November 13, 2010, 09:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

I know I know, Even Nepas asked that question. "You mean out of all the stuff you make you haven't made snack stix?" Nope I stuffed some left over Kielbasa meat into the 21mm casings but that was as close as I have attempted at making Snack sticks. I will have to wait for Nepas to post all of the prep and mixing pics. I was doing all the work and he was snapping pics. I sure planned that the wrong way I was supposed to be taking teh pics of him doing everything!! Anywho here they are after the drying time of 1 hour at 120º. Will post more as things progress. YES I noticed they was a little close together and they have been spread out more evenly.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SouthernSmoked

Looking good! !

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Sailor

Looking good 10.5....I need your measurements to make sure my next batch will fit. :o ::) ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KevinG

Those aren't pine boards holding those up are they? That might put some bad taste on them if it gets hot enough.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

This IS going to be a learning experiment. Never heard of the pine boards leaving a bad taste but It wont get above 160º in there. I also figured out that the Stainless rods I have Suck they are too small in diameter and have left the lower sticks too close together. Hence they haven't taken on the smoke like the upper ones. I am sure they will taste just fine, Just wont be as perty as I would like them.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

lumpy

Great looking sticks Chris.
You were lucky to have Rick help you with your first batch.

Lumpy

pensrock

I thought you two would have finished them completely then he could drop them off as he passes my house on I-80.  ???  ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on November 13, 2010, 12:02:26 PM
I thought you two would have finished them completely then he could drop them off as he passes my house on I-80.  ???  ;D ;D
I stuffed them and tied them and he motored down the road. Of course all four of the kids came bubbling in the door from school about that time. I wanted to leave with him.

pensrock

jiggerjams

Tenpoint5

Everything turned out quite well. Here they are hanging to bloom

After 2 hours of blooming, I busted them apart and they are in the fridge inside of a brown paper bag for an overnight rest. I am sure the kids will put a hurting on them when I get the bag out tomorrow afternoon. The taste testers passed quality control. Momma liked them.

Nepas my garage smells even better now!! ;D

punchlock

Well that turned out great ,for your first kick at the can....

KyNola

Those look great Chris. $100 says your 4 crumb snatchers make those disappear by tomorrow at sunset! :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on November 13, 2010, 08:03:17 PM
Those look great Chris. $100 says your 4 crumb snatchers make those disappear by tomorrow at sunset! :D
Your ON!! Momma will shut them down long before they polish them off. If she don't they will be Sh*tting like a grass feed goose come Monday morning. :D :D