Carolina Treet

Started by DADAKOTA, November 15, 2010, 10:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DADAKOTA

I see this mentioned so often on here I think I need to try some.  Please explain to me why I should?  Is this a vinegar based mop type product/

KyNola

You should try it because it is that d@mn good! :D  It is a vinegar based sauce but it's not what I would call a mop.  It is a cooking sauce.  You put it on the meat prior to putting it in the smoker.  It is great on chicken, pork, briskets, bumper of a Buick, a rock.....

You name it, this stuff is good on it.

smoker pete

Here is some more information about Carolina Treet http://www.carolinatreet.com/about.asp

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

DADAKOTA

Never been a big fan of vinegar.  But I'd give anything a try.

Slamdunk

Just did 24 drumsticks with a nice coating of CT on Sunday evening. I like to keep the skin on while smoking so lathered a lot of CT underneath and also on the skin prior to smoking. Then finished them on the BBQ for a crispier skin. Still haven't figured out how to really get a nice crispy skin, but it was delicious!!

Also grilled some Romaine lettuce on the BBQ and it was equally as good. If you haven't tried it, here is the link http://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=109

My better half commented that it was her favorite meal from the smoker/grill that I have done. My larger appetite bro in law ate about 10 drumsticks so I didn't get any leftovers for my lunch on Monday :'( :'( but seeing him jump on those drummies at least made me think that my time and effort went to a good cause.

Ya gotta try CT!!

hal4uk

CT is Gooooooooooood.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

TestRocket

Quote from: slamdunk on November 16, 2010, 08:43:04 PM
My larger appetite bro in law ate about 10 drumsticks so I didn't get any leftovers for my lunch on Monday Ya gotta try CT!!

I've been known to hid food from family so to have a good work day lunch!    ;D

DADAKOTA

Just ordered some Treet.  Do I use this in place of a dry rub?

classicrockgriller

you can use it with a rub or without.

Alot of people like it with Jan's Rub from the recipe site.

DADAKOTA

Got some great rubs on hand.

Brisket Lover

2- 1/2 gallons containers were delivered today. I've never tried it before but if you say it is good on briskets then that is what I will try it on.

ArnieM

Quote from: Brisket Lover on December 01, 2010, 05:07:17 PM
2- 1/2 gallons containers were delivered today. I've never tried it before but if you say it is good on briskets then that is what I will try it on.

One gallon will get ya quite a few briskets.  :D  Try it on anything - chicken, pork, whatever.  I've put a slather on chicken pieces and pork chops and let them rest in the fridge for a couple of hours prior to grilling or smoking - basically a marinade.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

RFT

This stuff is good.  I baked some Lamb last night and painted some Treet on em. I have to admit I was really not sure if it would go with lamb very well but when my wife asked "What did you put on the Lamb cause it's really good?" I new I found a good, no great BBQ/cooking sauce.  :)
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

ArnieM

I haven't tried it on lamb yet, but yes it's a good all around sauce.  Try about a tablespoon in 3-4 scrambled eggs and maybe a pinch of cayenne.  It brightens up the morning.  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.