• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New stuffer and big batch of SS

Started by goblism, November 18, 2010, 09:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblism

Just got a gander mountain 15lb stuffer for $160 and my uncle wants to make a 70lb batch of SS.  Going to give this thing a good work out tomorrow.  Going to butcher 2 hogs on Sunday, so most likely 150-200lb of ground pork will be made into ring bologna, brats, italian sausage, breakfast sausage, and plain old ground pork.  

Treating this new stuffer like a diesel motor...giving her hell to break her in!

Sailor

Whoot!  I want to see what 70 pounds of SS looks like.  Take lots of pics.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

classicrockgriller

Me Too!

What you guys going to smoke all that in?

Take lots of PICS!

smokeNcanuck

Ya no heart breaking, PIC will be a must on this adventure! ;)
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

goblism

My uncle will be doing it in 2 batches.  I think the name of his smoker might be a swear word around these parts, but it is a 40" masterbuilt.  I would do some in my bradley but I will be busy butchering pigs while he is smoking summer sausage.

goblism

Well 85lbs later and its done.  Did approximately 40lbs of straight summer sausage, 30lbs of cheddar summer sausage, and 15lbs of jalapeno cheddar.  Whole process took about 2 hours from start to finish.  Very fresh pork as well....pig was killed last night and butchered today.  Next thing is Sundays big butchering of 2 220-250lb hogs and making ring bologna, bratwurst, breakfast sausage, ground pork, and Italian sausage.

Didn't get any pictures until we were done.  First picture is of the the 3.25lb chubs of regular summer sausage, 12 total.  The second is of the 9 cheddar, and 5 (and a little one) of the jalapeno.

From taste testing while making it I think that the jalapeno cheddar will be fantastic.

The reason the little chub looks like crud is that we added the bottom of the stuffer (approximately 1/2lb) by hand and twist tied it shut.

The cheese was a good price too, $2 for 2lbs!

Sailor

Wow...what a load....Get some pics of them in the smoker, Please.  You going to smoke them all at the same time?

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

goblism

I am out of town to butcher some pigs, so he is going to smoke them in his masterbuilt, two batches.  Don't think many smokers could handle 85lbs of meat, heck 40-45lbs is going to be one heck of a load.  These wouldn't be able to fit in my OBS anyway as they are too long.....good eating in the near future though.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

I have a smoker that could handel that load.  :)
It all looks great.  :)

KyNola