CT & JDR Splatchcock Chicken

Started by smoker pete, November 18, 2010, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

:P :P ;)  Have to admit that everything I have read about Carolina Treet (CT) and Jan's Dry Rub (JDR) on Chicken has just proved out to be true!!!  SWMBO was impressed and when she's happy then smoker pete is happy ... Hope visions of CRGs are dancing in her Santa's head ;D

Rubbed with a little EVOO, CT, and JDR.  Made a big effort to rub under skin.  Marinated my inards with a little Jim Beam Black

OBS @ 250º, vent wide open.  3 hours smoke using (2)hickory to (1)cheery.  Pulled when breast hit 160º IT

The $$hot ... Garlic mashed taters were made with Johnny's Garlic Spread & Seasoning, yummy

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

squirtthecat

Oh yeah!   Love the color (and flavor) CT gives...

JDR rocks.  Period.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SoCalBuilder

Man oh man does that look tasty! I have got to try me some of that CT. Maybe Santa will slip some in my stocking ;D

DTAggie

jiggerjams

KyNola

Killer good looking chicken Pete.  Thanks for the accolades about JDR.  Always makes Jan's day when I tell her someone else has tried the Rub and likes it.

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on November 19, 2010, 06:29:37 AM
Killer good looking chicken Pete.  Thanks for the accolades about JDR.  Always makes Jan's day when I tell her someone else has tried the Rub and likes it.

KyNola, I believe that Jan's Dry Rub has quickly risen to the top of my poultry list.  The interaction and flavors it provides with different smoke is phenomenal.  I was also pleasantly surprised to find that Carolina Treet did not have an overriding vinegar taste to the final product since vinegar is the 2nd ingredient listed.

Please let Jan know that she done GOOD ... Real GOOD!!

KyNola

I'll tell her Pete.  The design of the JDR was originally specifically for poultry as a friend of ours who owns a big BBQ restaurant here gave me a pound of his poultry rub to try but wouldn't give me the recipe so we cloned it as best we could.  The result is JDR.  As soon as Jan and I first tasted CT we kind of looked at one another and said "wonder how that would go with JDR?"  Fortuantely it proved to be a natural pairing in our book.

hal4uk

Dat chikn & taters looks mighty fine, but you need something green with that!
OH WAIT --- Almost missed the salad garnish in your olive bowl!  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smoker pete on November 18, 2010, 07:47:51 PMSWMBO was impressed and when she's happy then smoker pete is happy ... Hope visions of CRGs are dancing in her Santa's head ;D

I am appalled!!! Not a single one of you mentioned one thing about that comment!! What kind of Sick Demented Woman you married to Smoker Pete??? If she is having visions of CRG in her head, I for one say the woman aint wrapped real tight and there is an obvious problem. You need to get her serious medical attention and quick!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 19, 2010, 11:44:04 AM
Quote from: smoker pete on November 18, 2010, 07:47:51 PMSWMBO was impressed and when she's happy then smoker pete is happy ... Hope visions of CRGs are dancing in her Santa's head ;D

I am appalled!!! Not a single one of you mentioned one thing about that comment!!

Sorry, I had to wait for the paramedics to administer the drugs to get that thought out of my head and to get me out of shock.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

smoker pete

Quote from: GusRobin on November 19, 2010, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 19, 2010, 11:44:04 AM

I am appalled!!! Not a single one of you mentioned one thing about that comment!!

Sorry, I had to wait for the paramedics to administer the drugs to get that thought out of my head and to get me out of shock.

Well, what do you expect from an amateur? :-[  I do believe that I meant to say "SRG"

and not "CRG" ... Heck, there's a little resemblance, they both smoke  ;D ;D

hal4uk

I can tell 'em apart.
One of 'em has a harder head than the other.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby