1st try with my Bradley

Started by TMB, November 20, 2010, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Got a late start but I finialy got it goin

Red Neck ham and a 5.5 lb butt, I'm smoking with Apple and Hickory pucks.   I hope to post later on today when the ham is done and late tonight when the butt is done.   I have so much time to wait I don't know what to do

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Sailor

WHAT??????  You have so much time to wait and you don't know what to do?????  SHHHHHHHHHH    ;D ;DGotta remember the Bradley pledge.  Smoking is hard work.  Never a spare minute to sit and rest.  Always let them see you in a  sweat.   ;D ;D.  Might I suggest grabbing a beer or 12 and relax and enjoy the day. 

Congrats on the 1st smoke.  Might consider keeping a log of what you did, how long it took, what went right and what went wrong. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

3rensho

Good lookin' hunk o' butt there.  Waiting for the after pix and enjoy.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

TMB

I'm so use to blow and go with my Big Easy's and SRG's (4 hr butts)  not 8 to 10 !

I'll keep notes for sure and very excited about finialy getting to use it. 

I'll have a few pictures soon the ham only takes about 3 to 4 hrs

Caneyscud

Quote from: Sailor on November 20, 2010, 09:33:59 AM
WHAT??????  You have so much time to wait and you don't know what to do?????  SHHHHHHHHHH    ;D ;DGotta remember the Bradley pledge.  Smoking is hard work.  Never a spare minute to sit and rest.  Always let them see you in a  sweat.   ;D ;D. ....

My heart is going pitter patter right now - swelling up with emotion.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

KyNola

Quote from: TMB on November 20, 2010, 10:05:00 AM
I'm so use to blow and go with my Big Easy's and SRG's (4 hr butts)  not 8 to 10 !
8 to 10?  Pretty optimistic aren't you Tommy? :D  I'm thinking a wee bit longer than 8-10.

Welcome to the world of low and slow!

RossP

Is it done yet?

How about now?

Now? 

We are waiting....... ;)
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

KyNola

Tommy?  Tommy?  Tommy?  Is it done yet?  Ground control to Major Tom....Ground control to Major Tom.  Is it done yet?

TMB

Quote from: KyNola on November 20, 2010, 04:12:54 PM
Tommy?  Tommy?  Tommy?  Is it done yet?  Ground control to Major Tom....Ground control to Major Tom.  Is it done yet?
Well the ham is.  ;D    Sorry the picture isn't clear but you get the idea.

Glaze is   1 bottle Sundrop (Mtn-Dew will work) 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cloves (power) a pinch of sea salt. Mix over low boil til it's thick and to your liking.  Spread mixture over the ham every 15 to 20 min's (after 3 to 4 hrs smoke) and slice (pictures soon of slicing

Boy the butt on the other hand is taking forever!!!   not use to waiting, heck I feel like a new father waiting and waiting and waiting!  I keep looking out the door to make sure the power is on!!!!!  Boy talk about a newbie!!   ;D

TestRocket

Patients my friend patients. It will be done when it's done!

But that ham looks delicious!    ;D

SouthernSmoked

Heck Tommy that Red Neck ham sure looks good... can't wait to see the pork shoulder.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

KyNola

Yeah Tommy, that ham is definitely done and rocking!  Beautifully done.

First time on a Bradley maybe but this definitely is not your first rodeo around a pit.

Let me just go ahead and get this over with.

It is my pleasure to say............. "reel 'em in boys, we've hooked another one".

GusRobin

Tommy - ham looks great. Butts take a while, that's why they made 12 packs and 18 packs of adult beverages.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pensrock

The ham looks great, bet it tastes even better.