• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

pikeman_95 Summer Sausage kicked up a notch.

Started by Sailor, November 25, 2010, 05:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

High melt cheese will withstand 400 degrees without melting out.  http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=high+melt+cheese&imageField.x=5&imageField.y=5&osCsid=undefined

In some of my smokes I used a shredded cheddar and the oil separated.  Nepas said that he uses regular cheddar but he dices it in his cheese cutter and it does not separate.  He has used Jack also and it was fine according to him.  Mozzarella will not separate out.  I ordered a bag of the high temp and still have several pounds of it so until it is gone that is what I am using.  I will try the regular cheddar again when I run out of high temp.  I will need to fine a cuber to cube it up in 1/4 cubes.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

This is the cuber cutter i use for my cheese when i add to SS. Makes perfect 1/4 X 1/4 squares.

Nice looking SS, Sailor  ;D

Sailor

Do you remember where you picked you cuber up? 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Sailor on November 26, 2010, 07:44:13 AM
Do you remember where you picked you cuber up? 

Got it at QVC a few years ago. Checked their site and cant find it now

pikeman_95

I would guess a potato french fry maker would work to some extent. at least it would make the sticks and you could cut them into cubes.
:-\

Sailor

I was thinking the same thing.  I have searched the net and can't find the Genillis brand and I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to by a commercial cuber.  Still looking on the web for a cuber. If I find one I will post the link but I am not hopeful at this time.

SL2010

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Sailor on November 26, 2010, 09:11:17 AM
I was thinking the same thing.  I have searched the net and can't find the Genillis brand and I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to by a commercial cuber.  Still looking on the web for a cuber. If I find one I will post the link but I am not hopeful at this time.

This looks like the one Nepas has.

Tribest CP-OVC Vegetable Dicer

HawkeyeSmokes

Sailor

yes it does.  I am going to order this before it gets away.  Thank you for the find.  I guess I was not doing a correct search.

smokeNcanuck

Real nice job on the SS.  Three things I love all rolled in to one, meat ,cheese and jal's.
Think my next batch I may just have to try this.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Keymaster

Quote from: Sailor on November 26, 2010, 09:34:22 AM
yes it does.  I am going to order this before it gets away.  Thank you for the find.  I guess I was not doing a correct search.
If you haven't ordered A cuber yet, heres one for $20.00 New http://cgi.ebay.com/NICER-DICER-SEEN-TV-KITCHEN-CHOPPER-GIFT-NEW-NIB-/110606529148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c0a9b27c

Sailor

That is a good price.  I had not ordered yet.  Thank you!

Smokin Soon

This is the one I have used for 3 years. Works great, got it from the grocery store, Don't know who has them now.