Today IS THE BIG DAY

Started by Ski81, November 25, 2010, 02:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ski81

Got up at 4am to get the turkey ready to smoke just popped it in lets see where fate takes me.  I could either make this the best Thanksgiving turkey ever or well you know the worst.  I will let you know how it goes. 

bigcatdaddy

Ski81,

I also started at 4 a.m. with 2 bone in Turkey Breast.  Ran a test run a couple of weekends a go to get the timing down.  I wanted to make sure I was wasn't gonna be late with the main course.  The bird I done turned out great and the leftovers made some good tasting Turkey Salad Sammies.  I'm sure yours will turn out just fine!!

Good luck!!!
BCD

squirtthecat

Up at 5:15AM here....  But I'm just reheating.  5 lbs pulled pork and a 7 pound turkey boulder roast, maybe a quart of chicken broth and turkey pan drippings I've collected in the past year - then an hour + drive through cr@p weather to my Mom and Dad's house.

Mmmmm...  Smoked Turkey!!

Mailman

Not starting mine (7.02 turkey breast) till about 9:30 -10:00. We wont be eating till 5:00 or so so I should be fine. I think or am hoping
If to error is human. Than I'm more human than most.

bigcatdaddy

You should be good.  My last 7 pounder took about 5.5 hrs @ 250CT.

BCD

Ski81

I just want to thank everyone who gave me advice on how to smoke my turkey. You will all be happy to know that it turned out better than i could imagine.  The smoke flavor was great and the meat was juicy and flavorful.  The color on this bird was amazing thanks for everybody's help.

SKI