Meat Prices

Started by MallardWacker, July 25, 2005, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

We were talking somewhere about spare rib pricing.  I'd thought I would price meat at my local Sams here it is in Little Rock, AR. 22JUL05

Butts (two to a pack)$1.34 lb

Spares (two slabs) $2.49 lb

Loin Backs (three slabs)$2.99 lb.  WOW, the price has come down quite a bit.  they have been aroun $3.29 to $3.49 a lb.  Darn I'd go for BB's at that price.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

car54

Mallard,

Sam's is where I go in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the prices are about the same. Have you tried there brisket, if so what do you think of them?

Brad

nsxbill

Since retiring from the military in 1986, I had no desire to see any base again, but recently checked out the prices at local commissary, and have been picking up some of the best, meaty BB ribs I have ever found.  Sold by half side, they are only $1.99 a pound, and man, one side is a task to eat.  They are Swift Premium Brand, and I highly recommend.  I did 6 racks this weekend for large group, and ended up with half as leftovers.  

It was the quantity, not the taste that kept folks from gorging themselves to those smarta--es out there![:D][:D]  

They were absolutely the best ribs I have yet to smoke.  4 hours of mesquite and hickory intermixed, and then out to oven wrapped in foil, with sauce and apple juice inside.  Man!  Most excellent.  I don't think I will ever do them any other way!

They were so good, my son-in-law will probably buy a BS when he gets home!

They were vacuum marinated in Wishbone Italian and Pappy's then dusted with Swamp Venom Dizzy Pig Rub.  If you haven't tried Swamp Venom, I definitely recommend!  Big Smoker sells it, FYI, as well as the rest of the Dizzy Pig Rubs.

As many of you know I sell the Reveo Vacuum marinators.  I tried to give my daughter one when I first became a dealer.  She declined.  I demonstrated to my son-in-law, and he snagged one out of stock to mail back to Florida so he can use it when he gets home.  It works so well in quickly driving that flavor into your meat.  

He had tried ribs before without success.  He saw the whole process while visiting, and I have a convert.  The biggest challenge will be getting my daughter to remove the membrane during preparation - it grosses her out.  He can show her...he's a spine surgeon-hell, I almost asked him for tips on doing it easier!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
<br />Mallard,

Sam's is where I go in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the prices are about the same. Have you tried there brisket, if so what do you think of them?

Brad
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I have used both the butcher packs and just the flats.  I recomend them.  BigSmoker got to just smoke flats, dealing with that point can be a pain and the meat is not all that good so I just stick with the flat now.   Sams is where I get my Pork Tenderloin and ribs, chicken and my brisket.  I get my butts from Walmart, they seem to have a better choice and its only a few cents more.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...