• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More Neighbor Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 11, 2010, 09:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Before Cabelas slicer

Few seconds later. Now some trim up  ;D

Reveo with my hillbilly marinade

pensrock

I thought it was going to be venison from his doe. What are you going to do with all the spare time you now have since you do not have to slice jerky by hand anymore?  ???  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pensrock on December 11, 2010, 11:41:59 AM
I thought it was going to be venison from his doe. What are you going to do with all the spare time you now have since you do not have to slice jerky by hand anymore?  ???  ;D

Doe needs to sit in fridge for a couple days to age and bleed out some.

Ummmm i dont know what to do about the spare time  ;D

Keymaster

I'm makin Jerky also this weekend. That contraption looks alot easier than what I went through with the five pound round roast the wife baught me to make jerky with, Iv'e got 1/4" thick pieces, 1/2" thick pieces down to nothing. I told her to have the butcher slice me up some sirloin a 1/4" thick and she came home with a roast  :(  I used a dry rub from High mountain for the first time and it has to cure for 24 to 28 hours so I'll be smoking tomorrow. Now comes the question Nepas, I can't put the temp probe in the jerky, so do I just go with the 2hours at 200 deg F in the smoker?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Keymaster on December 11, 2010, 02:05:55 PM
I'm makin Jerky also this weekend. That contraption looks alot easier than what I went through with the five pound round roast the wife baught me to make jerky with, Iv'e got 1/4" thick pieces, 1/2" thick pieces down to nothing. I told her to have the butcher slice me up some sirloin a 1/4" thick and she came home with a roast  :(  I used a dry rub from High mountain for the first time and it has to cure for 24 to 28 hours so I'll be smoking tomorrow. Now comes the question Nepas, I can't put the temp probe in the jerky, so do I just go with the 2hours at 200 deg F in the smoker?

Do jerky just about the same as SS or sticks. I dont use a probe on any of it. Just go by feel, texture. When its done it bends, when it snaps its over done. I also do the heat the same, Start at 150* for 3-4 hrs, test...bump to 160*...2-3 hrs...test.

If you like chewy jerky dont cook so long.....Dont worry you wont die if you like chewy jerky  ;D

Like i have said before....Way to much engineering and science for something so, so simple

My neighbors jerky is done lastnight.

Keymaster

Indy Smoker

I have the same setup with the Cabelas slicer and Reveo - I use the LEM seasoning and have always had success

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Caribou

Great looking jerky Nepas :)
This may sound like a dumb question but how would someone even be able to take an IT on jerky?
It just seems too thin to get an accurate reading.  :-\
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

I don't do IT on jerky

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk