Needing Peach drink with Everclear recipe

Started by TMB, December 13, 2010, 08:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

I'm looking to see if anyone had a drink recipe that uses Everclear, peach and sugar or something similar.

I'll will be interested in any of them, 

Thanks
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SoCalBuilder

I've never had Everclear, but just for grins, I did a search on Everclear recipes and found a list of 74 recipes using the stuff. It looks like you can mix it with anything and everything. From Kool-aid to Tobasco... I think you could just experiment with whatever you have sitting around and if you can keep it down. you've got a winner. Of course there may be the matter of getting back up after a round or two. Good luck with it :)

TMB

Quote from: SoCalBuilder on December 13, 2010, 08:46:10 AM
I've never had Everclear, but just for grins, I did a search on Everclear recipes and found a list of 74 recipes using the stuff. It looks like you can mix it with anything and everything. From Kool-aid to Tobasco... I think you could just experiment with whatever you have sitting around and if you can keep it down. you've got a winner. Of course there may be the matter of getting back up after a round or two. Good luck with it :)
Well it's not for me, I don't drink.   Kimmie's uncle wants me to make something simlar to the apple pie drink the Tenpoint5 makes

I'll invent one if I have to  ;)     thinking something like..................       1 pint Everclear
                                                                                                  1 gal peach juice
                                                                                                  1 to 2 cups sugar 
This would be the base.  Boil the peach juice down and add the sugar   

But what else sounds good to add?

jiggerjams

I would consider hitting it with some lemon juice to offset the sweet. Maybe a tablespoon to 1/2 a lemon worth.

TMB

Quote from: jiggerjams on December 13, 2010, 09:42:43 AM
I would consider hitting it with some lemon juice to offset the sweet. Maybe a tablespoon to 1/2 a lemon worth.
OK,that getting somewhere.

Next question, does anyone know who makes or sells peach cider?  I can find it on line but not sure where to find it in North Alabama
Thinking of something simlar to the apple pie recipe

KyNola

Tommy,
Sub Everclear for the vodka or just add Everclear to it! :D
2 Bottles dry white wine (you can use the cheap stuff)
1 Small(est) Bottle Absolut Peach Vodka (the smallest bottle costs $8-$9 Roof Bros, behind the counter)
12 Tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 Cup white sugar
1 lb peaches pitted and sliced
3/4 cup seedless white grapes, halved
3/4 cup seedless green grapes, halved

Directions:
1. In a large pitcher, combine dry white wine, peach vodka, lemonade concentrate and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add sliced peaches, red and green grapes.
2. Refrigerate sangria until well chilled, at least 2 hrs or overnight to blend flavors. Serve over ice, and use a slotted spoon to include sliced peaches and grapes with each serving.

It's more of a Sangria but it should do the trick!

TMB

Sounds good, I'll give that one to him for sure.

Thanks  KyNola

KyNola

classicrockgriller

Take a Peach and a 5th of Whiskey.

Do a shot of Whiskey and take a bite of Peach.

After a while, You won't remember the Peach so just buy one.

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 13, 2010, 01:08:34 PM
Take a Peach and a 5th of Whiskey.

Do a shot of Whiskey and take a bite of Peach.

After a while, You won't remember the Peach so just buy one.
LOL !!   But I want to make a gal or so, that would be a lot of drinking at one time!

GusRobin

I'm with CRG - another version is just buy some peach brandy and print up a new label.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Caneyscud

What the guys are doing around here with 'shine is to put some fruit in the bottom of a jar of the stuff and macerate for a little while.  Not sure iff's they put sugar in it or not.  I'm too much of a scaredy cat to try it!  A few months ago, they busted a 'shiner who had a whole pickup bed full of the fruited stuff.  Saw some guys around here with tears in their eyes.

Back 25 years ago, In my homebrew and home winemaking days, I got interested in making Rumtopf.  I made one completely out of peaches.  Used it to top ice cream with it.  Talk about good!  But I remember a Peach Cordial recipe I had in a homebrew book.  Cannot locate the book in the attic right now, but I looked on the net and the first hit seems real close.  I remember it had to sit for a few weeks or months to ferment.  Here is the recipe I found on the web.  it is similar to a Rumtopf.

Peach Cordial

Take the ripest and most juicy free-stone peaches you can procure. Cut them from the stones, and quarter them without paring. Crack the stones, and extract the kernels, which must be blanched and slightly pounded. Put the peaches into a large stone jar in layers, alternately with layers of the kernels, and of powdered loaf-sugar. When the jar is three parts full of the peaches, kernels, and sugar, fill it up with white brandy. Set the jar in a large.pan, and leave it uncovered for three or four days, in case of its fermenting and flowing over at the top. Fill up what is thus wasted with more brandy, and then close the jar tightly. Let it stand five or six months; then filter it, and bottle it for use.

I made peach wine one time - Yack!!!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"