PID setting for salmon

Started by Klyyd, December 01, 2010, 12:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klyyd

I'm smoking my first batch of salmon today in a Bradley OBS with an auber PID.  How should I have the PID smoker contol settings set?  Should the smoke generator work on step one and two or one and three or all three?  I have the PID set to Kummoks' basic settings as to time and temp.  Also thanks for all the info on this forum. 

Klyyd

Well, the fish is out of the smoker and looking good.  I discovered a couple things using the PID.  First you have to keep your temp control on the Bradley all the way up so the PID can control the temp.  Might seem like a minor issue but to a first time user it is important.  I wondered why my temps weren't higher and found out the temp control was at medium.  As for the smoke generator I just plugged it directly into the wall outlet and it ran all the time.  I would post a picture but I couldn't figure out how to post the image from my home computer.  Learnin and eatin at the same time, ...nice.

Klyyd

Ok, I wanted to see if I learned how to post a photo and share the picture of the finished salmon before family attack.  Unfortunately there is no after as it is all gone. It was delicious while it lasted though.

OU812

Looks delicious from where I'm sittin.

Glad to here you got your slider and PID figured out.

Keep the smoke rollin.

Brisket Lover

Looks great.  Sure you don't have any more you can send me?  I can't get salmon here that is that thick for a good price.

Good tip on the PID.  I removed the slider all together, well it broke first but same concept.

howlin

looks tasty but maybe cooked to quick (lots of white stuff)or to hot.
if cows didn't taste so good ,they would be extinct