• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

baby back temp?

Started by watchdog56, December 18, 2010, 06:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

Got an email from my brother-in-law and he said he slow cooked some baby backs in a smoker with maple chips for 3 hours last night and then brought them in the house to cool down.  Their idea was to put them in a crock pot today and serve them with bbq sauce for a party. He did them on the Weber grill with indirect heat and then he put chips in and closed down the vent for more smoke, not sure what temp it got to. Well they forgot to put the ribs in the frig overnight(my guess to much festivities going on ;)) and left them on the counter. Do you think they will be alright if they heat them back up in crock pot?

Just got an update;
He said  when he took them off the Weber they were tender and juicy fall off the bone.

Tenpoint5

My personal thoughts would be to chuck them and chalk it off as a really bad mistake on his part. Then run to the store and start again.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

I agree with 10.5 - toss those babies and start again.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

watchdog56

Thanks they are going to throw them and start over.

GusRobin

Yeah - I always say "When in doubt, throw it out."
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.