Is there a listing of abbreviations?

Started by Drac, December 28, 2010, 08:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Good day all,

For a newb like me I have to say that some of the abbreviations throw me.  It took me a while to figure out if SS was summer sausage not snack sticks.

Quite a few others are leaving me a bit clueless.  Any posted listing of common ones?

Thx,
Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Ka Honu

Caneyscud

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TMB

You forgot SOL  =  You run out of pucks 1 hr into a 4hr smoke!   ;D 

Just saying
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

TestRocket

Yea, we do get carried away with the acronyms!   :D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: TMB on December 28, 2010, 09:48:38 AM

Just saying

That my friend is just failing to follow the 6 P's in life (Prior Planning Prevents a Piss Poor Performance)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 28, 2010, 12:33:11 PM

Just saying

That my friend is just failing to follow the 6 P's in life (Prior Planning Prevents a Piss Poor Performance)
Yep!   Could have just said to lazy to go get some.

Y'all did forget to add TBE & SRG to the mix. I know it's not a Bradley term but there are a lot of folks here who use them  ;)

TestRocket

Y'all did forget to add TBE & SRG to the mix. I know it's not a Bradley term but there are a lot of folks here who use them  ;)

Well Tommy there you go using them and that was your chance to explain them to everybody!     :D

TMB

Quote from: TestRocket on December 28, 2010, 01:58:58 PM

Well Tommy there you go using them and that was your chance to explain them to everybody!     :D
OK....   TBE = The Big Easy by CharBroil   and the SRG =  The Smoker, Roaster and Grill by CharBroil.
I didn't want to sound like I was pushing them here, it's just alot of folks here do use them

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 28, 2010, 12:33:11 PM

I, my friend, am living proof that the 6 P's are a myth.  With all due Prior Planning imagineable I can still manage to achieve Piss Poor Performance!   ;D

CYM - cheap yellow mustard

CYA = having more food ready than you think they will consume (because it is so good they will eat it all).
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: TMB on December 28, 2010, 02:54:30 PM
.....   TBE = The Big Easy by CharBroil   and the SRG =  The Smoker, Roaster and Grill by CharBroil.

TMB;

Thanks. I've been meaning to add those two to the list. I'll try to get them added today.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TMB

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 29, 2010, 02:16:30 AM
Quote from: TMB on December 28, 2010, 02:54:30 PM
.....   TBE = The Big Easy by CharBroil   and the SRG =  The Smoker, Roaster and Grill by CharBroil.

TMB;

Thanks. I've been meaning to add those two to the list. I'll try to get them added today.
No big deal just thought of it while reading the list. 

Thanks

Drac

Thanks all.

SRG, interesting.  From what I've seen it looks like an addition to the outside kitchen.  I really liked that chicken in the other thread.

SRG, turkey fryer, Green Egg, Bradley...  The list is getting big.

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

OU812

Quote from: Drac on December 29, 2010, 01:58:49 PM
Thanks all.

SRG, interesting.  From what I've seen it looks like an addition to the outside kitchen.  I really liked that chicken in the other thread.

SRG, turkey fryer, Green Egg, Bradley...  The list is getting big.

Jim

If you get a SRG you wont need a Turkey fryer.  ;D

Ka Honu

Quote from: OU812 on December 29, 2010, 03:00:57 PMIf you get a SRG you wont need a Turkey fryer.

On the other hand, if you get a turkey fryer you won't need any of the other stuff until after you get out of the hospital and build your new house with the proceeds from the fire insurance.