• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new guy

Started by harley_davidson, December 19, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harley_davidson

;D Looking to smoke some beef jerky. Just want to know what kind of meat to use and a good recipe. Also does the meat need to be put in a dehydrator I don't have one. I have a dbs 4 rack with an additional 4 racks so I can place racks on top of each other. Pics and recipes are always fun to look at thanks.  ;D

TestRocket

Sorry, I can't help you with the jerky but welcome to the forum!

beefmann

welcome to the forum, the jerky makers will be along soon

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum harley_davidson!

I use eye round, Hi mountain cure, my own flavorings, and when I smoke it, I use no more that 2 hours of smoke.

Then into the dehydrator.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Welcome to the forum! I've done jerky in my Bradley with no dehydrator and it comes out fine. I usually try to pick up flat iron steak, but really just about anything will do. Some people use hamburger and feed it through a jerky shooter, some people use turkey meat.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

RAF128

I haven't used beef in years.    I make mine out of venison.   Any whole muscle meat will work.   I've also done some out of ground meat.    It works well as well.   I usually us the HM kits.   I like the original or the pepper blend.   I did post a recipe here for one I've made.    It's in the jerky forum.    It resurfaced the other day.  Hawian style-maui.

Jim O

Welcome to the Forum HD.

Incidently, I have a motor cycle named after you !

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

cinrds

Welcome, the eye round is good, also if you have a local butcher they can give some great ideas, and they may something in the back that is not out, because of limted amount.