Hunting lease smoke

Started by DTAggie, December 23, 2010, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on December 24, 2010, 10:14:38 AM
The plan is to slice and seal and take hunting.  Daughter already complaining I was not going to leve her any.  Now how can I say no to Sweet Pea.

"Sweet Pea" is what we called Taby till she was about 8 or 9

Then it became Taby cause Sweet Pea didnt sound cool out on the ball fields.  ::)

GusRobin

Quote from: DTAggie on December 24, 2010, 10:14:38 AM
The plan is to slice and seal and take hunting.  Daughter already complaining I was not going to leve her any.  Now how can I say no to Sweet Pea.
I am surprized I thought you would learn by now that once they have tasted one you can never sneak the whole thing out without having to leave some ;D Lesson #1 - next time make 2 :o
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DTAggie

Yeah Sweet Pea does not go over on the volleyball court.

Here is the butt ready for FTC

DTAggie

While everyone was wrapping gifts and getting ready for church, I sliced the brisket and pulled the butt and sealed to take hunting.  Brisket was very juicy.  The rub had a good flavor but could use a little kick. Couldn't tell if the brine really did anything for the butt, but the Northwoods Fire rub kicks it!

OU812

Quote from: DTAggie on December 24, 2010, 02:04:36 PM
, but the Northwoods Fire rub kicks it!

OH YHA !!!!

Good luck my friend.

classicrockgriller

Looks like another winner Tito.

Tenpoint5

There aint nothing wrong with that Brisket or the Butt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Dang thats looks gooood!

And the Barq looks awesome.

Great job David!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

DTAggie

Thanks guys.  Got everything loaded to head out in the morning.  Got the Starnes for the pulled pork.  Can't wait to get my buddy's reaction to Starnes.