• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cleaning up - advice?

Started by GusRobin, December 30, 2010, 11:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

So I have the Weston 7 lb stuffer which is pretty easy to clean up, except for the stuffer tubes. Any secrets on how you all clean the tubes? The larger ones are easy, I just run the smaller ones through it. The small one is the problem. Any "tool" you guys use to clean out the residual meat that is left in the tube?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Wash Cloth and a wooden spoon handle Or a baby bottle brush
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Wash cloth and spoon handle would work with the bigger ones, but not for the small one. The brush should though. Thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

BuyLowSellHigh

I use a bottle brush, it has one end abut 1.5" and the other end about 0.75 " in diameter.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

pensrock

I use a stainless steel chop stick that I brought back from Korea. I know that doesn't help you much but maybe try a wooden chop stick.

BuyLowSellHigh

If you order anything from Allied Kenco, put this on your list -- good value and will probably handle all of your cleaning needs.

http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/3251?osCsid=c98ac18bab64892c219e57e5d2b01557

OU812

When I'm done stuffing and theres still meat in the tube I wad up a piece of paper towel so it fits tight in the tube and push the towel out with a wooden dowel.

Then when its time to wash I use a brush with a long handle, got the brushs at the hardware store came with 5 or 6 brushes.

I got a brush for each one of my tubes and for each one of my grinder plates

FLBentRider

If you have a Camebak, then the cleaning brushes for it would be ideal. I'll see if I can snap a pic when I get home from work.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

love the smoke

bamboo shishkabob that I picked up from the local grocery store, they are relatively cheap so I just toss in the trash when done

LTS
LTS

Habanero Smoker

I use to use the wooden spoon to push a piece of cloth through, but a while back I ordered the cleaning brush kit from Sausage Makers. They come in handy for a variety of cleaning jobs, such as tight areas of your grinder, safely cleaning injectors and the needles, cleaning the sharp blades of your food processor etc.
Variety Cleaning Brushes

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RAF128

The handle of our wooden spoons don't fit in my small tube for making beer sticks.    Fortunetly, my L.E.M.  stuffer came with some brushes.    The bigger tubes, the wooden spoon works fine.

pikeman_95

Harbor freight has a bag of brushes that are designed to clean up the paint sprayers that they sell. I looks like they would clean just about anything.

lumpy

GO to your local lumber yard and pick up some wodden dowels. They come in all sizes and are perfect for cleaning the tubes.

Sailor

I have a magic house.  I put my dirty stuffer, bowels and tubes on the counter top and my wife goes in the kitchen and when she comes out the counter is clean and and everything is put away.  She then gets me a cold beer and tells me to take it easy because I have work entirely too hard. 

NOT!  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: Sailor on December 31, 2010, 11:03:10 AM

I have a magic house.  I put my dirty stuffer, bowels and tubes on the counter top and my wife goes in the kitchen and when she comes out the counter is clean and and everything is put away.  She then gets me a cold beer and tells me to take it easy because I have work entirely too hard. 

What are you drinking / smoking, and where can I get some ?    ;D