bacon

Started by CLAREGO, August 06, 2005, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ListerD

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ListerD</i>
<br />BBB Method?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Buck Booard Bacon from Highmountain Seasoning.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

CLAREGO

is there not a part on a pig that you cant EAT!!!!!!![:D]

CLAREGO

where to find pork checks? they say it makes a better bacon !

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />where to find pork checks?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Stuffed in nearly every senator & congressman's pocket.[;)][:(!]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />where to find pork checks?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Stuffed in nearly every senator & congressman's pocket.[;)][:(!]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The hardest part is trying to find a senator or congressman.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"><font color="red"><b>The hardest part is trying to find a senator or congressman.</b></font id="red"></font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> NOT TRUE....When on the campaign trail they are everywhere~~! [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2"><font color="red"><b>The hardest part is trying to find a senator or congressman.</b></font id="red"></font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> NOT TRUE....When on the campaign trail they are everywhere~~! [:D]

Olds

I should have ended my sentence with <font color="green">"when you need one!" </font id="green">[:D]

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

CLAREGO

i recieved my(BELLY)fresh bacon on friday just waiting for the cure.... ay idea how long you can keep it in the fridge till i have to freeze it or cook it? its now monday hopefully that ups truck will roll on by today. I PAID 2.69 a pound for belly :(

jaeger

Clarego,
I wouldn't take a chance of more than a day or two. You never know how long it has been sitting around. Once you cure it with the BB mixture, you will need to let it stay in the fridge for another week or so. I wouldn't want to push it at the cost and time invested. It will not hurt to freeze the bellie if you are still waiting for the BB.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

Phone Guy

I agree. Freeze it until you are ready to use it.

CLAREGO

hey recived the cure yesterday. put the cure on and the next morining it seems to be working i have liquid coming out of it. I suppose this is how its supposed to work

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CLAREGO</i>
<br />....... i have liquid coming out of it. I suppose this is how its supposed to work.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">U bethca baby.  Don't drain it off, leave it with the meat.  Also please take note when you finish the curing process <b><font color="blue">YOU BETTA WASH AND RINCE WELL </font id="blue"></b>--much more than you think.  Just take your time.  You have already lookied at my notes on this.  Do not underestimate that part of the process.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Do not underestimate that part of the process.
Here here - mucho important

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ListerD</i>
<br />BBB Method?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Stands for BuckBoard Bacon.

SEE the 3rd post from top.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas